KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Abou-Gabal: I don’t mind moving to Al Ahly
Abou-Gabal, who has hardly featured in the current campaign is currently mulling over offers received from various Egyptian Premier League sides. Abou-Gabal has found it difficult to make the first choice goalkeeper position his own this season, partly due to the solid form of Ahmed El-Shennawi, which is currently keeping him out of the starting XI.
“I am leaving Zamalek, the decision is irreversible, and I am currently considering a number of offers which have been made to me,” the 26 year old keeper said. Abou-Gabel also stressed that he would not mind moving to eternal rivals Al Ahly in the case that an offer was made for him. “I don’t mind moving to Al Ahly in the event of a serious offer being put forward to me. I want to ensure that I get my chance to play.” concluded the Zamalek custodian.
It remains to see where Abou-Gabal ends up at the end of the season, however a possible move to cross town rivals would be controversial to say the least. The Zamalek keeper has featured only a handful of times this season, deputising for Ahmed El-Shennawi whilst the first choice keeper was injured, and the lack of playing time is his obvious motive for a club switch.