Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Abou-Gabal: I don’t mind moving to Al Ahly
Abou-Gabal, who has hardly featured in the current campaign is currently mulling over offers received from various Egyptian Premier League sides. Abou-Gabal has found it difficult to make the first choice goalkeeper position his own this season, partly due to the solid form of Ahmed El-Shennawi, which is currently keeping him out of the starting XI.
“I am leaving Zamalek, the decision is irreversible, and I am currently considering a number of offers which have been made to me,” the 26 year old keeper said. Abou-Gabel also stressed that he would not mind moving to eternal rivals Al Ahly in the case that an offer was made for him. “I don’t mind moving to Al Ahly in the event of a serious offer being put forward to me. I want to ensure that I get my chance to play.” concluded the Zamalek custodian.
It remains to see where Abou-Gabal ends up at the end of the season, however a possible move to cross town rivals would be controversial to say the least. The Zamalek keeper has featured only a handful of times this season, deputising for Ahmed El-Shennawi whilst the first choice keeper was injured, and the lack of playing time is his obvious motive for a club switch.