Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Abou-Gabal: I don’t mind moving to Al Ahly
Abou-Gabal, who has hardly featured in the current campaign is currently mulling over offers received from various Egyptian Premier League sides. Abou-Gabal has found it difficult to make the first choice goalkeeper position his own this season, partly due to the solid form of Ahmed El-Shennawi, which is currently keeping him out of the starting XI.
“I am leaving Zamalek, the decision is irreversible, and I am currently considering a number of offers which have been made to me,” the 26 year old keeper said. Abou-Gabel also stressed that he would not mind moving to eternal rivals Al Ahly in the case that an offer was made for him. “I don’t mind moving to Al Ahly in the event of a serious offer being put forward to me. I want to ensure that I get my chance to play.” concluded the Zamalek custodian.
It remains to see where Abou-Gabal ends up at the end of the season, however a possible move to cross town rivals would be controversial to say the least. The Zamalek keeper has featured only a handful of times this season, deputising for Ahmed El-Shennawi whilst the first choice keeper was injured, and the lack of playing time is his obvious motive for a club switch.