Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Abou-Gabal: I don’t mind moving to Al Ahly
Abou-Gabal, who has hardly featured in the current campaign is currently mulling over offers received from various Egyptian Premier League sides. Abou-Gabal has found it difficult to make the first choice goalkeeper position his own this season, partly due to the solid form of Ahmed El-Shennawi, which is currently keeping him out of the starting XI.
“I am leaving Zamalek, the decision is irreversible, and I am currently considering a number of offers which have been made to me,” the 26 year old keeper said. Abou-Gabel also stressed that he would not mind moving to eternal rivals Al Ahly in the case that an offer was made for him. “I don’t mind moving to Al Ahly in the event of a serious offer being put forward to me. I want to ensure that I get my chance to play.” concluded the Zamalek custodian.
It remains to see where Abou-Gabal ends up at the end of the season, however a possible move to cross town rivals would be controversial to say the least. The Zamalek keeper has featured only a handful of times this season, deputising for Ahmed El-Shennawi whilst the first choice keeper was injured, and the lack of playing time is his obvious motive for a club switch.