Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Cameroon exit women’s World Cup
Cameroon was knocked out of the 2015 women’s World Cup after a 1-0 defeat to China.
Africa’s sole survivor at the women’s World Cup, Cameroon, crashed out in the last 16 stage to China despite a spirited showing. Both sides finished runners-up in their respective groups and displayed an entertaining high-tempo match.
China took the lead early in the game; Wang Shansan volleying home from a corner-kick in the 12th minute. From then on, the Chinese relied more on counter-attacks as they looked to protect their slender lead against a barrage of Cameroonian attacks. Unfortunately for the Africans, they could not convert their chances and paid with an exit.
Cameroon leave the tournament with heads held high having put up a respectable performance; even leaving the defending champions, Japan, with a thing or two to ponder.