Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Cameroon exit women’s World Cup
Cameroon was knocked out of the 2015 women’s World Cup after a 1-0 defeat to China.
Africa’s sole survivor at the women’s World Cup, Cameroon, crashed out in the last 16 stage to China despite a spirited showing. Both sides finished runners-up in their respective groups and displayed an entertaining high-tempo match.
China took the lead early in the game; Wang Shansan volleying home from a corner-kick in the 12th minute. From then on, the Chinese relied more on counter-attacks as they looked to protect their slender lead against a barrage of Cameroonian attacks. Unfortunately for the Africans, they could not convert their chances and paid with an exit.
Cameroon leave the tournament with heads held high having put up a respectable performance; even leaving the defending champions, Japan, with a thing or two to ponder.