KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Cameroon exit women’s World Cup
Cameroon was knocked out of the 2015 women’s World Cup after a 1-0 defeat to China.
Africa’s sole survivor at the women’s World Cup, Cameroon, crashed out in the last 16 stage to China despite a spirited showing. Both sides finished runners-up in their respective groups and displayed an entertaining high-tempo match.
China took the lead early in the game; Wang Shansan volleying home from a corner-kick in the 12th minute. From then on, the Chinese relied more on counter-attacks as they looked to protect their slender lead against a barrage of Cameroonian attacks. Unfortunately for the Africans, they could not convert their chances and paid with an exit.
Cameroon leave the tournament with heads held high having put up a respectable performance; even leaving the defending champions, Japan, with a thing or two to ponder.