Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Tanzania sack coach Mart Nooij
The Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) has announced that Mart Nooij will be relieved of his duties as Tanzania’s national team head coach effective as from 21st June, 2015. This comes after a spate of poor results culminating in a 3-0 home loss to Uganda in the CHAN qualifiers.
The 61-year-old Dutch had earlier seen his side suffer a similar defeat to Egypt in their AFCON qualifiers Group G fixture and also perform horribly against, traditional, minnows at the COCAFA Cup 2015 in South Africa. In the defeat to Uganda, Nooij had to be escorted out of the stadium from rowdy disappointed fans.
His brief stint, starting from 25th March 2015, means the TFF will pay him severance amounting to $125000. Meanwhile, Tanzania has appointed interim coaches from Simba Sc and Yanga as they look to find a suitable replacement for the resumption of AFCON 2017 qualifiers in under two months time.