Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Tanzania sack coach Mart Nooij
The Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) has announced that Mart Nooij will be relieved of his duties as Tanzania’s national team head coach effective as from 21st June, 2015. This comes after a spate of poor results culminating in a 3-0 home loss to Uganda in the CHAN qualifiers.
The 61-year-old Dutch had earlier seen his side suffer a similar defeat to Egypt in their AFCON qualifiers Group G fixture and also perform horribly against, traditional, minnows at the COCAFA Cup 2015 in South Africa. In the defeat to Uganda, Nooij had to be escorted out of the stadium from rowdy disappointed fans.
His brief stint, starting from 25th March 2015, means the TFF will pay him severance amounting to $125000. Meanwhile, Tanzania has appointed interim coaches from Simba Sc and Yanga as they look to find a suitable replacement for the resumption of AFCON 2017 qualifiers in under two months time.