KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Tanzania sack coach Mart Nooij
The Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) has announced that Mart Nooij will be relieved of his duties as Tanzania’s national team head coach effective as from 21st June, 2015. This comes after a spate of poor results culminating in a 3-0 home loss to Uganda in the CHAN qualifiers.
The 61-year-old Dutch had earlier seen his side suffer a similar defeat to Egypt in their AFCON qualifiers Group G fixture and also perform horribly against, traditional, minnows at the COCAFA Cup 2015 in South Africa. In the defeat to Uganda, Nooij had to be escorted out of the stadium from rowdy disappointed fans.
His brief stint, starting from 25th March 2015, means the TFF will pay him severance amounting to $125000. Meanwhile, Tanzania has appointed interim coaches from Simba Sc and Yanga as they look to find a suitable replacement for the resumption of AFCON 2017 qualifiers in under two months time.