Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Tanzania sack coach Mart Nooij
The Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) has announced that Mart Nooij will be relieved of his duties as Tanzania’s national team head coach effective as from 21st June, 2015. This comes after a spate of poor results culminating in a 3-0 home loss to Uganda in the CHAN qualifiers.
The 61-year-old Dutch had earlier seen his side suffer a similar defeat to Egypt in their AFCON qualifiers Group G fixture and also perform horribly against, traditional, minnows at the COCAFA Cup 2015 in South Africa. In the defeat to Uganda, Nooij had to be escorted out of the stadium from rowdy disappointed fans.
His brief stint, starting from 25th March 2015, means the TFF will pay him severance amounting to $125000. Meanwhile, Tanzania has appointed interim coaches from Simba Sc and Yanga as they look to find a suitable replacement for the resumption of AFCON 2017 qualifiers in under two months time.