Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Mabrouk and Ferreira announce Al Ahly, Zamalek squads
Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk and Zamalek manager Jesualdo Ferreira have announced their squads to face Petrojet and Arab Contractors respectively in the 36th round of the Egyptian Premier League on Tuesday.
Al Ahly squad witnessed the return of Hossam Ghaly who was suspended for four games following his actions in Haras El-Hodood game. Emad Meteb and Momen Zakaria were also included in the squad after recovering from injury.
The team’s midfielders Mohamed Rizk and Hendrick Helmke were both left out of the squad.
On the other hand, Zamalek’s game against Arab Contractors will see the return of Ahmed Ali and Ahmed Samir to the team’s 19-man squad.
The Whites defender Ali Gabr wasn’t included in the squad after picking up an injury during the team’s game against Petrojet while Mohamed Shaaban and Youssef ‘Obama’ were excluded due to technical reasons.
Al Ahly Squad:
Goalkeepers: Ahmed Adel, Mosaad Awad, Abdel Kaffi Ragab.
Defenders: Mohamed Naguib, Bassem Ali, Saad Samir, Sabry Rahil, Sherif Hazem, Hussein El-Sayed.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Ramadan Sobhy, Islam Roshdy, Walid Soliman, Abdallah El-Said, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Momen Zakaria.
Forwards: Amr Gamal, Emad Meteb, Ahmed Abdel-Zaher.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mohamed Abou-Gabal.
Defenders: Ahmed Dweidar, Hamada Tolba, Islam Gamal, Ahmed Samir, Mohamed Koffi, Hazem Emam.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Omar Gaber, Tarek Hamed, Ahmed Eid, Ayman Hefny, Ibrahim Salah, Moruf Yusuf, Mostafa Fathy.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Khaled Kamar, Ahmed Ali.
Zamalek are currently at the top of the Egyptian Premier League table with 74 points and a game in hand, while Al Ahly are in 3rd place with 65 points.