Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Ahmed Hassan: Anderlecht asked me about Trezeguet
Former Anderlecht player Ahmed Hassan has stated that the club’s director contacted him recently in regards to his opinion on Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet.’
The 40-year old spent two years at Anderlecht during an illustrious, ten-year European journey. He maintains a good relationship with Anderlecht, and the club’s director sought out Hassan’s opinion on Al Ahly youngster Trezeguet, who the Belgian club are interested in signing.
Ahmed Hassan reiterated to the director that he is a big fan of the 20-year old and that he wants the potential transfer to come to fruition.
“Anderlecht is really interested in Trezeguet, and this deal could be really important for him because it leaves him with many possibilities,” said the former Al Ahly and Zamalek midfielder.
“Anderlecht is the perfect club for Trezeguet at this age, as it gives him the chance to move to bigger European clubs in the future,” he added.
Anderlecht have made several official bids for the sought after midfielder, with the latest bid said to be €3.5 million, rejected by the Cairo giants.