Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Smouha sack Helmy Toulan, appoint Mimi Abdel-Razek
Just two days ahead of their CAF Champions League group stage debut, Smouha have announced the sacking of former Zamalek manager Helmy Toulan, following a meeting between the club’s chairman Farag Amer and the board of directors.
The Alexandrian-based club decided to terminate Toulan’s contract and pay his release clause, which is worth two months of his salary.
Smouha’s decision came after some disputes arose between Amer and Toulan regarding the team’s future and signings.
The club’s board has decided to appoint the youth team coach Mimi Abdel-Razek as an interim manager, until they find a suitable replacement to lead the team.
Mimi told the club’s website: “I consider myself one of the son’s of the son’s of Smouha club.”
It is worth noting that Helmy Toulan has took charge after Denis Lavagne’s sacking following a series of bad results. During the Egyptian’s spell at the club, he avoided relegation – occupying the 12th spot in the league table – in addition to leading Smouha to the CAF Champions League group stages in their debut season.
Smouha will face the Moroccan side Moghreb Tétouan on Sunday in the first fixture of the CAF Champions league group stages.