Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Smouha sack Helmy Toulan, appoint Mimi Abdel-Razek
Just two days ahead of their CAF Champions League group stage debut, Smouha have announced the sacking of former Zamalek manager Helmy Toulan, following a meeting between the club’s chairman Farag Amer and the board of directors.
The Alexandrian-based club decided to terminate Toulan’s contract and pay his release clause, which is worth two months of his salary.
Smouha’s decision came after some disputes arose between Amer and Toulan regarding the team’s future and signings.
The club’s board has decided to appoint the youth team coach Mimi Abdel-Razek as an interim manager, until they find a suitable replacement to lead the team.
Mimi told the club’s website: “I consider myself one of the son’s of the son’s of Smouha club.”
It is worth noting that Helmy Toulan has took charge after Denis Lavagne’s sacking following a series of bad results. During the Egyptian’s spell at the club, he avoided relegation – occupying the 12th spot in the league table – in addition to leading Smouha to the CAF Champions League group stages in their debut season.
Smouha will face the Moroccan side Moghreb Tétouan on Sunday in the first fixture of the CAF Champions league group stages.