Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Smouha sack Helmy Toulan, appoint Mimi Abdel-Razek
Just two days ahead of their CAF Champions League group stage debut, Smouha have announced the sacking of former Zamalek manager Helmy Toulan, following a meeting between the club’s chairman Farag Amer and the board of directors.
The Alexandrian-based club decided to terminate Toulan’s contract and pay his release clause, which is worth two months of his salary.
Smouha’s decision came after some disputes arose between Amer and Toulan regarding the team’s future and signings.
The club’s board has decided to appoint the youth team coach Mimi Abdel-Razek as an interim manager, until they find a suitable replacement to lead the team.
Mimi told the club’s website: “I consider myself one of the son’s of the son’s of Smouha club.”
It is worth noting that Helmy Toulan has took charge after Denis Lavagne’s sacking following a series of bad results. During the Egyptian’s spell at the club, he avoided relegation – occupying the 12th spot in the league table – in addition to leading Smouha to the CAF Champions League group stages in their debut season.
Smouha will face the Moroccan side Moghreb Tétouan on Sunday in the first fixture of the CAF Champions league group stages.