Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Smouha sack Helmy Toulan, appoint Mimi Abdel-Razek
Just two days ahead of their CAF Champions League group stage debut, Smouha have announced the sacking of former Zamalek manager Helmy Toulan, following a meeting between the club’s chairman Farag Amer and the board of directors.
The Alexandrian-based club decided to terminate Toulan’s contract and pay his release clause, which is worth two months of his salary.
Smouha’s decision came after some disputes arose between Amer and Toulan regarding the team’s future and signings.
The club’s board has decided to appoint the youth team coach Mimi Abdel-Razek as an interim manager, until they find a suitable replacement to lead the team.
Mimi told the club’s website: “I consider myself one of the son’s of the son’s of Smouha club.”
It is worth noting that Helmy Toulan has took charge after Denis Lavagne’s sacking following a series of bad results. During the Egyptian’s spell at the club, he avoided relegation – occupying the 12th spot in the league table – in addition to leading Smouha to the CAF Champions League group stages in their debut season.
Smouha will face the Moroccan side Moghreb Tétouan on Sunday in the first fixture of the CAF Champions league group stages.