Ramadan Sobhi’s rare start for Stoke was one to forget as his...
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
Smouha sack Helmy Toulan, appoint Mimi Abdel-Razek
Just two days ahead of their CAF Champions League group stage debut, Smouha have announced the sacking of former Zamalek manager Helmy Toulan, following a meeting between the club’s chairman Farag Amer and the board of directors.
The Alexandrian-based club decided to terminate Toulan’s contract and pay his release clause, which is worth two months of his salary.
Smouha’s decision came after some disputes arose between Amer and Toulan regarding the team’s future and signings.
The club’s board has decided to appoint the youth team coach Mimi Abdel-Razek as an interim manager, until they find a suitable replacement to lead the team.
Mimi told the club’s website: “I consider myself one of the son’s of the son’s of Smouha club.”
It is worth noting that Helmy Toulan has took charge after Denis Lavagne’s sacking following a series of bad results. During the Egyptian’s spell at the club, he avoided relegation – occupying the 12th spot in the league table – in addition to leading Smouha to the CAF Champions League group stages in their debut season.
Smouha will face the Moroccan side Moghreb Tétouan on Sunday in the first fixture of the CAF Champions league group stages.