Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
Al Ahly starlet Mohamed Hany handed three match suspension
CAF have announced that Al Ahly midfielder Mohamed Hany will serve a three-match ban, after receiving a straight red card in the side’s game against Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup Round of 16.
Al Ahly director of football, Alaa Abdel-Sadek, confirmed on Friday that the club received a letter from Africa’s football governing body informing them that the midfielder has been sanctioned with a three-match suspension.
Hany received his marching orders only 40 seconds after being brought on as a second-half substitute in the Red Devils’ second leg encounter against Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup, which saw Al Ahly qualify to the group stages after beating the Tunisian champions on penalties.
As a result, Hany will not be able to participate in the first three group stage matches against Esperance, Etoile du Sahel and Stade Malien.
The 19-year-old has made 12 appearances for the Reds in the Egyptian Premier League this season, starting on eight of those occasions.