An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Al Ahly starlet Mohamed Hany handed three match suspension
CAF have announced that Al Ahly midfielder Mohamed Hany will serve a three-match ban, after receiving a straight red card in the side’s game against Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup Round of 16.
Al Ahly director of football, Alaa Abdel-Sadek, confirmed on Friday that the club received a letter from Africa’s football governing body informing them that the midfielder has been sanctioned with a three-match suspension.
Hany received his marching orders only 40 seconds after being brought on as a second-half substitute in the Red Devils’ second leg encounter against Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup, which saw Al Ahly qualify to the group stages after beating the Tunisian champions on penalties.
As a result, Hany will not be able to participate in the first three group stage matches against Esperance, Etoile du Sahel and Stade Malien.
The 19-year-old has made 12 appearances for the Reds in the Egyptian Premier League this season, starting on eight of those occasions.