Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Al Ahly starlet Mohamed Hany handed three match suspension
CAF have announced that Al Ahly midfielder Mohamed Hany will serve a three-match ban, after receiving a straight red card in the side’s game against Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup Round of 16.
Al Ahly director of football, Alaa Abdel-Sadek, confirmed on Friday that the club received a letter from Africa’s football governing body informing them that the midfielder has been sanctioned with a three-match suspension.
Hany received his marching orders only 40 seconds after being brought on as a second-half substitute in the Red Devils’ second leg encounter against Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup, which saw Al Ahly qualify to the group stages after beating the Tunisian champions on penalties.
As a result, Hany will not be able to participate in the first three group stage matches against Esperance, Etoile du Sahel and Stade Malien.
The 19-year-old has made 12 appearances for the Reds in the Egyptian Premier League this season, starting on eight of those occasions.