Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Al Ahly starlet Mohamed Hany handed three match suspension
CAF have announced that Al Ahly midfielder Mohamed Hany will serve a three-match ban, after receiving a straight red card in the side’s game against Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup Round of 16.
Al Ahly director of football, Alaa Abdel-Sadek, confirmed on Friday that the club received a letter from Africa’s football governing body informing them that the midfielder has been sanctioned with a three-match suspension.
Hany received his marching orders only 40 seconds after being brought on as a second-half substitute in the Red Devils’ second leg encounter against Club Africain in the CAF Confederation Cup, which saw Al Ahly qualify to the group stages after beating the Tunisian champions on penalties.
As a result, Hany will not be able to participate in the first three group stage matches against Esperance, Etoile du Sahel and Stade Malien.
The 19-year-old has made 12 appearances for the Reds in the Egyptian Premier League this season, starting on eight of those occasions.