Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Fiorentina director: We’ve presented Salah with an “insane offer”
The former Arab Contractors man made the move to the Artemio Franchi on loan from Chelsea in January as part of the deal which saw Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado head in the other direction, scoring nine goals and making four assists in 26 appearances for La Viola, thus attracting interest from several sides.
Despite having the option to extend the loan for another season, Fiorentina are aiming to to buy him for €18 million, and Guerini confirmed that the contract offer presented to the Egyptian is “insane”.
“I want to tell the fans that the club has made an insane offer to Salah,” he told reporters.
“If any players turns down an offer like that, then it’s best he leaves Fiorentina. However, I think Salah won’t reject the offer; I’m confident.
“He had a great impact at the club, so it’s pretty normal he attracts the interest of other sides – he wants to earn more, and we’ve made a very serious offer.”
La Gazzetta dello Sport state that the Salah offer is along the lines of €3 million per annum, plus bonuses.
It is also worth mentioning that the deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer is June 30, as Salah is due to return to Chelsea on the following day, signalling the end of his loan spell.