Former Enugu Rangers coach Lawrence Akpokon spoke about the upcoming CAF Champions League clash...
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
Fiorentina director: We’ve presented Salah with an “insane offer”
The former Arab Contractors man made the move to the Artemio Franchi on loan from Chelsea in January as part of the deal which saw Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado head in the other direction, scoring nine goals and making four assists in 26 appearances for La Viola, thus attracting interest from several sides.
Despite having the option to extend the loan for another season, Fiorentina are aiming to to buy him for €18 million, and Guerini confirmed that the contract offer presented to the Egyptian is “insane”.
“I want to tell the fans that the club has made an insane offer to Salah,” he told reporters.
“If any players turns down an offer like that, then it’s best he leaves Fiorentina. However, I think Salah won’t reject the offer; I’m confident.
“He had a great impact at the club, so it’s pretty normal he attracts the interest of other sides – he wants to earn more, and we’ve made a very serious offer.”
La Gazzetta dello Sport state that the Salah offer is along the lines of €3 million per annum, plus bonuses.
It is also worth mentioning that the deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer is June 30, as Salah is due to return to Chelsea on the following day, signalling the end of his loan spell.