Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Fiorentina director: We’ve presented Salah with an “insane offer”
The former Arab Contractors man made the move to the Artemio Franchi on loan from Chelsea in January as part of the deal which saw Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado head in the other direction, scoring nine goals and making four assists in 26 appearances for La Viola, thus attracting interest from several sides.
Despite having the option to extend the loan for another season, Fiorentina are aiming to to buy him for €18 million, and Guerini confirmed that the contract offer presented to the Egyptian is “insane”.
“I want to tell the fans that the club has made an insane offer to Salah,” he told reporters.
“If any players turns down an offer like that, then it’s best he leaves Fiorentina. However, I think Salah won’t reject the offer; I’m confident.
“He had a great impact at the club, so it’s pretty normal he attracts the interest of other sides – he wants to earn more, and we’ve made a very serious offer.”
La Gazzetta dello Sport state that the Salah offer is along the lines of €3 million per annum, plus bonuses.
It is also worth mentioning that the deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer is June 30, as Salah is due to return to Chelsea on the following day, signalling the end of his loan spell.