Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
EXCLUSIVE: Aly Ghazal close to Hamburg, receives offers from Portugal, Turkey
Aly Ghazal has been linked with a number of teams over the past year: Porto, Sporting and Benfica, among others. However, KingFut understands that he is very close to putting pen-to-paper with German outfits Hamburg.
As reported earlier this week, Hamburg were set to make an offer to Portuguese side Nacional in the coming days, after being impressed with the 23-year-old midfielder’s performances this season.
This year Hamburg were close to relegation and the Germans were looking to reinforce their squad in January, which is when it’s believed they started following the Egyptian. Just a few days ago, the club tabled an official offer for the player, and it seems they are ready to meet Nacional’s asking price.
KingFut can also confirm that Sporting made an official offer, but the Portuguese Cup winners do not appear willing to meet Nacional’s asking price.
Germany and Portugal are not the only possible situations for Aly. The ex-Wadi Degla player received offers from two Turkish clubs that are also interested in securing his services, but he also denied rumours linking him to two particular clubs in those countries.
“I received offers from Kasımpaşa and Sivasspor,” Aly told KingFut.
“I can also confirm that all rumours linking me to Galatasaray or Benfica are completely false,” he added.
Hamburg, secured their Bundesliga status in a dramatic 3-2 aggregate win over Bundesliga 2. side Karlsruhe in the promotion playoff series.
Ghazal was a key squad player for his side this season, making a total of 37 appearances; scoring two goals in the process.
Ghazal also attracted interest from FC Porto last year after a string of good performances, and was heavily tipped to be Fernando’s replacement when the Brazilian moved to Manchester City, but the two-time European Champions later denied their interest.