Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
EXCLUSIVE: Aly Ghazal close to Hamburg, receives offers from Portugal, Turkey
Aly Ghazal has been linked with a number of teams over the past year: Porto, Sporting and Benfica, among others. However, KingFut understands that he is very close to putting pen-to-paper with German outfits Hamburg.
As reported earlier this week, Hamburg were set to make an offer to Portuguese side Nacional in the coming days, after being impressed with the 23-year-old midfielder’s performances this season.
This year Hamburg were close to relegation and the Germans were looking to reinforce their squad in January, which is when it’s believed they started following the Egyptian. Just a few days ago, the club tabled an official offer for the player, and it seems they are ready to meet Nacional’s asking price.
KingFut can also confirm that Sporting made an official offer, but the Portuguese Cup winners do not appear willing to meet Nacional’s asking price.
Germany and Portugal are not the only possible situations for Aly. The ex-Wadi Degla player received offers from two Turkish clubs that are also interested in securing his services, but he also denied rumours linking him to two particular clubs in those countries.
“I received offers from Kasımpaşa and Sivasspor,” Aly told KingFut.
“I can also confirm that all rumours linking me to Galatasaray or Benfica are completely false,” he added.
Hamburg, secured their Bundesliga status in a dramatic 3-2 aggregate win over Bundesliga 2. side Karlsruhe in the promotion playoff series.
Ghazal was a key squad player for his side this season, making a total of 37 appearances; scoring two goals in the process.
Ghazal also attracted interest from FC Porto last year after a string of good performances, and was heavily tipped to be Fernando’s replacement when the Brazilian moved to Manchester City, but the two-time European Champions later denied their interest.