KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Farida Osman breaks her own swimming record
Egyptian swimmer Farida Osman broke her own African continental record winning the 50m fly in the Arena Pro Swim Series Santa Clara.
The 20-year old swimmer’s record is 26.08s, which improved from her old record 26.12s. Osman progressed to the 12th place in the world in the 50m fly long course this year.
In the same meet, Osman managed to qualify to the Olympic Games in Rio 2016 as she achieved 5th place in the women’s 50m long course meters freestyle.
Farida Osman was born in Indianapolis, USA, raised in Cairo and decided to represent Egypt internationally. She currently trains at Gezira Sporting Club.
Osman first started swimming when she was five years old and made her first Egyptian Olympic team by the age of 17, when she represented Egypt at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.