Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Tunisia coach Leekens terminates contract
The former Belgium manager was appointed as coach of the Carthage Eagles in March 2014, achieving qualification to the 2015 African Cup of Nations in the process, where the side were controversially eliminated by hosts Equatorial Guinea, as well as defeating Egypt twice in the qualification phase.
The Tunisian football federation (FTF) released a statement regarding the surprise occurrence, assuring that there will be no compensation in place for any of the parties.
“We have decided (on) an amicable separation between the two parties without any payment on the part of FTF or George Leekens,” it read.
Leekens’ contract was supposed to run until March 2016, having led the side to an 8-1 thrashing of Djibouti in their opening 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier two weeks ago.
It is also worth mentioning that the FTF have announced that the upcoming Tunisia coach will be a foreigner.