Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Tunisia coach Leekens terminates contract
The former Belgium manager was appointed as coach of the Carthage Eagles in March 2014, achieving qualification to the 2015 African Cup of Nations in the process, where the side were controversially eliminated by hosts Equatorial Guinea, as well as defeating Egypt twice in the qualification phase.
The Tunisian football federation (FTF) released a statement regarding the surprise occurrence, assuring that there will be no compensation in place for any of the parties.
“We have decided (on) an amicable separation between the two parties without any payment on the part of FTF or George Leekens,” it read.
Leekens’ contract was supposed to run until March 2016, having led the side to an 8-1 thrashing of Djibouti in their opening 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier two weeks ago.
It is also worth mentioning that the FTF have announced that the upcoming Tunisia coach will be a foreigner.