Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Tunisia coach Leekens terminates contract
The former Belgium manager was appointed as coach of the Carthage Eagles in March 2014, achieving qualification to the 2015 African Cup of Nations in the process, where the side were controversially eliminated by hosts Equatorial Guinea, as well as defeating Egypt twice in the qualification phase.
The Tunisian football federation (FTF) released a statement regarding the surprise occurrence, assuring that there will be no compensation in place for any of the parties.
“We have decided (on) an amicable separation between the two parties without any payment on the part of FTF or George Leekens,” it read.
Leekens’ contract was supposed to run until March 2016, having led the side to an 8-1 thrashing of Djibouti in their opening 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier two weeks ago.
It is also worth mentioning that the FTF have announced that the upcoming Tunisia coach will be a foreigner.