Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Tunisia coach Leekens terminates contract
The former Belgium manager was appointed as coach of the Carthage Eagles in March 2014, achieving qualification to the 2015 African Cup of Nations in the process, where the side were controversially eliminated by hosts Equatorial Guinea, as well as defeating Egypt twice in the qualification phase.
The Tunisian football federation (FTF) released a statement regarding the surprise occurrence, assuring that there will be no compensation in place for any of the parties.
“We have decided (on) an amicable separation between the two parties without any payment on the part of FTF or George Leekens,” it read.
Leekens’ contract was supposed to run until March 2016, having led the side to an 8-1 thrashing of Djibouti in their opening 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier two weeks ago.
It is also worth mentioning that the FTF have announced that the upcoming Tunisia coach will be a foreigner.