Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Tunisia coach Leekens terminates contract
The former Belgium manager was appointed as coach of the Carthage Eagles in March 2014, achieving qualification to the 2015 African Cup of Nations in the process, where the side were controversially eliminated by hosts Equatorial Guinea, as well as defeating Egypt twice in the qualification phase.
The Tunisian football federation (FTF) released a statement regarding the surprise occurrence, assuring that there will be no compensation in place for any of the parties.
“We have decided (on) an amicable separation between the two parties without any payment on the part of FTF or George Leekens,” it read.
Leekens’ contract was supposed to run until March 2016, having led the side to an 8-1 thrashing of Djibouti in their opening 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier two weeks ago.
It is also worth mentioning that the FTF have announced that the upcoming Tunisia coach will be a foreigner.