Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Helmy Toulan responds to Smouha president statements
Smouha’s recently-sacked manager Helmy Toulan attacked the club’s president Farag Amer, accusing him of interfering in the team’s technical decisions.
Helmy Toulan was sacked from leading the Alexandrian club just two days ahead of their CAF Champions League group stage debut.
Toulan said that disputes arose between Amer and him during a meeting where they discussed the team’s future and signings.
“Amer wanted to let 13 players from the team go without providing replacements,” Toulan said in a televised interview.
The former Zamalek player said that Amer wanted to interfere in the technical decisions and the choice of players.
“He wanted to force some players on the team against my views,” Toulan explained.
The former manager asserted that he did a good job with the team, saying that all the players dedicated their win against Moghreb Tetouan to him, despite not being their coach anymore.
Toulan’s comments came in response to Amer’s statements against him, following the sacking decision.
Amer accused Toulan of his failure in picking players who were worthy of joining the club, claiming that they weren’t good enough for the team.
“There’s a fundamental difference between Toulan and us, he’s determined to buy certain players, and we did, but we will terminate their contracts,” Amer said.
“The players that Toulan wanted, don’t play with their teams and are injured,” Amer added.
Smouha are Egypt’s only representative in the CAF Champions League this season, as Al Ahly failed to qualify to the group stage. The Alexandrian-based club managed to clinch their first three points in their debut against Moghreb Tetouan. They sit in the 12th place with 47 points in the Egyptian Premier League.