Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan spoke about his side’s encounter with Nigeria’s Ifeanyi...
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef signs for Caen
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef has joined French outfit SM Caen on a 3-year deal as a free agent from FC Astra.
The 26-year-old defender successfully completed his move to the French side on Monday, thus ending his three-year spell with the Black Devils.
During his time in Romania, Syam played 96 games with the club, scoring three goals and assisting a further two, winning the Cupa României and finishing as runner up in the 2013-2014 Liga I in the process.
The former Esperance man, who was a part of the 2011 CAF Champions League winning side, expressed his happiness at signing for the Ligue 1 outfit, reiterating that he made the right decision by moving to the northwest of France.
“I had a good time in Romania, in particular the Europa League games, which allowed me to progress as a player,” Ben Youssef told ProSport.
“However, when the opportunity to return to France came, I did not hesitate. I think I made the right decision.”
It is also worth noting that the French-born defender has 20 international games to his name, with the latest being those at the 2015 African Cup of Nations earlier this year.