Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef signs for Caen
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef has joined French outfit SM Caen on a 3-year deal as a free agent from FC Astra.
The 26-year-old defender successfully completed his move to the French side on Monday, thus ending his three-year spell with the Black Devils.
During his time in Romania, Syam played 96 games with the club, scoring three goals and assisting a further two, winning the Cupa României and finishing as runner up in the 2013-2014 Liga I in the process.
The former Esperance man, who was a part of the 2011 CAF Champions League winning side, expressed his happiness at signing for the Ligue 1 outfit, reiterating that he made the right decision by moving to the northwest of France.
“I had a good time in Romania, in particular the Europa League games, which allowed me to progress as a player,” Ben Youssef told ProSport.
“However, when the opportunity to return to France came, I did not hesitate. I think I made the right decision.”
It is also worth noting that the French-born defender has 20 international games to his name, with the latest being those at the 2015 African Cup of Nations earlier this year.