Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef signs for Caen
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef has joined French outfit SM Caen on a 3-year deal as a free agent from FC Astra.
The 26-year-old defender successfully completed his move to the French side on Monday, thus ending his three-year spell with the Black Devils.
During his time in Romania, Syam played 96 games with the club, scoring three goals and assisting a further two, winning the Cupa României and finishing as runner up in the 2013-2014 Liga I in the process.
The former Esperance man, who was a part of the 2011 CAF Champions League winning side, expressed his happiness at signing for the Ligue 1 outfit, reiterating that he made the right decision by moving to the northwest of France.
“I had a good time in Romania, in particular the Europa League games, which allowed me to progress as a player,” Ben Youssef told ProSport.
“However, when the opportunity to return to France came, I did not hesitate. I think I made the right decision.”
It is also worth noting that the French-born defender has 20 international games to his name, with the latest being those at the 2015 African Cup of Nations earlier this year.