A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef signs for Caen
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef has joined French outfit SM Caen on a 3-year deal as a free agent from FC Astra.
The 26-year-old defender successfully completed his move to the French side on Monday, thus ending his three-year spell with the Black Devils.
During his time in Romania, Syam played 96 games with the club, scoring three goals and assisting a further two, winning the Cupa României and finishing as runner up in the 2013-2014 Liga I in the process.
The former Esperance man, who was a part of the 2011 CAF Champions League winning side, expressed his happiness at signing for the Ligue 1 outfit, reiterating that he made the right decision by moving to the northwest of France.
“I had a good time in Romania, in particular the Europa League games, which allowed me to progress as a player,” Ben Youssef told ProSport.
“However, when the opportunity to return to France came, I did not hesitate. I think I made the right decision.”
It is also worth noting that the French-born defender has 20 international games to his name, with the latest being those at the 2015 African Cup of Nations earlier this year.