AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef signs for Caen
Tunisian international Syam Ben Youssef has joined French outfit SM Caen on a 3-year deal as a free agent from FC Astra.
The 26-year-old defender successfully completed his move to the French side on Monday, thus ending his three-year spell with the Black Devils.
During his time in Romania, Syam played 96 games with the club, scoring three goals and assisting a further two, winning the Cupa României and finishing as runner up in the 2013-2014 Liga I in the process.
The former Esperance man, who was a part of the 2011 CAF Champions League winning side, expressed his happiness at signing for the Ligue 1 outfit, reiterating that he made the right decision by moving to the northwest of France.
“I had a good time in Romania, in particular the Europa League games, which allowed me to progress as a player,” Ben Youssef told ProSport.
“However, when the opportunity to return to France came, I did not hesitate. I think I made the right decision.”
It is also worth noting that the French-born defender has 20 international games to his name, with the latest being those at the 2015 African Cup of Nations earlier this year.