Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VIDEO: Abdallah El-Said shines as Al Ahly down Esperance
Al Ahly: Ahmed Adel, Sabry Rahil, Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Bassem Ali, Hossam Ashour, Hossam Ghaly, Walid Soliman, Abdallah El-Said, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’, Amr Gamal
Esperance: Moez Ben Cherifia, Sameh Derbali, Hatem Bejaoui, Mohamed Ali Yaakoubi, Arbi Jabeur, Harrison Afful, Houcine Ragued, Idriss Mhirsi, Chamseddine Dhaouadi, Emem Eduok
Esperance started the match well as they maintained position and kept the ball in Al Ahly’s area for the first 15 minutes. They had a chance to score an early goal through a corner kick, however their attempt was denied by Ghaly’s clearance.
The Red Devils managed to spice things up early as Abdallah El-Said translated Al Ahly’s first chance into a stunning shot from the edge of the box, marking the Reds first goal just 19 minutes into the game.
El-Said had the chance to double his tally after a skillful effort but his volley was just wide. Esperance tried to respond quickly after a beautiful take-on by Eduok but somehow he didn’t convert it in the back of the net.
Both teams failed to produce further goals until the end of the first half, as the Reds controlled the game’s pace preventing Esperance from creating any dangerous chances on goal until the referee blew the halftime whistle.
Al Ahly started the second half rapidly as El-Said fired an unstoppable bullet past Esperance’s goalkeeper after an outstanding assist by Hossam Ghaly, doubling Al Ahly’s lead and sealing El-Said’s brace.
The 70th minute witnessed the worst scene in the game as the Reds captain Hossam Ashour was shown a red card after he violently elbowed Esperance’s player without the ball.
Abdallah nearly completed his hat-trick but his accurate volley was saved by the Tunisian international Ben Cherifia.
ِAbdel-Zaher wasted an easy 1 on 1 with Ben Cherifia in the 89th minute. Just 3 minutes later, super sub Momen Zakaria scored Al Ahly’s third after he slotted a loose shot past the keeper following a ground cross by Abdel-Zaher.
This win marks Al Ahly’s first 3 points in their campaign to defend their Championship, leaving them as Group A leaders.