Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Evouna: I have chosen Al Ahly
After weeks of speculation and rumours, Gabonese striker Malick Evouna has finally revealed that he will be moving to Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The Red Devils recently held intense negotiations with Wydad’s board to acquire the services of the Gabonese striker, and despite reportedly facing competition from many European and Emirati Clubs, they seem to have finally prevailed.
The Wydad Casablanca star announced through Morocco outlet Hesport that he has chosen to represent Al Ahly.
“I have chosen Al Ahly and I have informed the club’s chairman and manager. I have chosen the Red Devils because they are Africa’s Club of the Century just look at the number of trophies they have under their belt,” he said.
“Ahly officials and Haytham Orabi aided me during the move. I rejected multiple clubs including Zamalek. Al Ahly’s goals coincide with my very own, I was presented with a great offer that I accepted,” he added.
“This doesn’t mean that I am belittling any club that tried to secure my services like Zamalek. My decision came after being completely convinced and having immense urge to wear Al Ahly’s shirt,” he continued.
The player then was asked when the move would be officially completed to which he replied: “I don’t know. This question should be directed to the club. I must thank Al Ahly officials for their patience with all what is going on. It is only a matter of time.”
In 22 league games this season for Wydad, the 22-year-old has scored a staggering 16 goals and put his name on the assists sheet on five occasions.
Al Ahly are looking to revamp the team after what a disappointing campaign according to the Red Devils’ high standards, following an exit from the CAF Champions League. They are currently sitting third in the Egyptian Premier League.
The striker will be Al Ahly’s third arrival next season after the signings of John Antwi (official) and Saleh Gomaa (according to the player).
The player’s arrival will also mean that Al Ahly will have to let two of their three non-Egyptian players leave.