Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Wael Gomaa denies Arsenal offer for Ramadan Sobhy
Al Ahly director of football Wael Gomaa has dismissed recent reports of an Arsenal offer for Egypt and Al Ahly prodigy Ramadan Sobhy.
Amid rumblings from English media of Arsenal’s interest in Ramadan Sobhy, Wael Gomaa has stated that they have not received any new offers from the Gunners for the 18-year-old attacking midfielder – since their request to have Sobhy on trial in January.
The legendary Al Ahly defender reiterated in comments to FilGoal, “There are currently no discussions between Al Ahly and Arsenal.”
“There was old interest in January when they asked to take Ramadan on trial. We refused then because we needed him in the midst of our season.”
Ramadan Sobhy has been the Egyptian topic of interest among European clubs as of late, with Al Ahly’s football department director, Alaa Abdel-Sadek, announcing an AS Roma offer, believed to be in the region of 3 million euros for the starlet.
If Arsenal are indeed interested in the young Pharaoh, they will have to also fight off overtures from Udinese and Schalke 04, who are both reportedly interested.
Sobhy, who made his debut for Al Ahly at the age of 16 and has scored 7 goals in 26 league matches since, recently made his national team debut in Egypt’s match against Tanzania in the first round of 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying, becoming the second youngest player to play with the Pharaohs after Mido.
Ramadan has already won the Egyptian Premier League, Egyptian Super Cup and CAF Confederation Cup with Al Ahly’s senior team.