Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
Fiorentina legend Batistuta: I really like Salah
Batistuta, who is ranked 11th in the Serie A top goalscoring charts with 184 goals in 318 matches, is considered one of the best ever to represent La Viola.
The 46-year-old former Argentine international took the chance during a meeting to share his thoughts on a few Fiorentina-related subjects including Mohamed Salah and departed coach Vincenzo Montella.
“I really liked Salah during the time he spent with Fiorentina, his form dipped a little but he remains a great player,” the ex-Argentina striker stated.
The 1991 Copa America top scorer then went on to express his disappointment regarding Montella’s sacking.
“I was disappointed by Montella’s departure because he was doing well,” he added.
It is also worth mentioning that the deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer was June 30, as Salah is due to return to Chelsea on July 1, signalling the end of his loan spell.
The former Arab Contractors man joined Fiorentina on a six-month loan from Chelsea in January, scoring 9 goals and making three assists in all competitions.