Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
Fiorentina legend Batistuta: I really like Salah
Batistuta, who is ranked 11th in the Serie A top goalscoring charts with 184 goals in 318 matches, is considered one of the best ever to represent La Viola.
The 46-year-old former Argentine international took the chance during a meeting to share his thoughts on a few Fiorentina-related subjects including Mohamed Salah and departed coach Vincenzo Montella.
“I really liked Salah during the time he spent with Fiorentina, his form dipped a little but he remains a great player,” the ex-Argentina striker stated.
The 1991 Copa America top scorer then went on to express his disappointment regarding Montella’s sacking.
“I was disappointed by Montella’s departure because he was doing well,” he added.
It is also worth mentioning that the deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer was June 30, as Salah is due to return to Chelsea on July 1, signalling the end of his loan spell.
The former Arab Contractors man joined Fiorentina on a six-month loan from Chelsea in January, scoring 9 goals and making three assists in all competitions.