Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Fiorentina legend Batistuta: I really like Salah
Batistuta, who is ranked 11th in the Serie A top goalscoring charts with 184 goals in 318 matches, is considered one of the best ever to represent La Viola.
The 46-year-old former Argentine international took the chance during a meeting to share his thoughts on a few Fiorentina-related subjects including Mohamed Salah and departed coach Vincenzo Montella.
“I really liked Salah during the time he spent with Fiorentina, his form dipped a little but he remains a great player,” the ex-Argentina striker stated.
The 1991 Copa America top scorer then went on to express his disappointment regarding Montella’s sacking.
“I was disappointed by Montella’s departure because he was doing well,” he added.
It is also worth mentioning that the deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer was June 30, as Salah is due to return to Chelsea on July 1, signalling the end of his loan spell.
The former Arab Contractors man joined Fiorentina on a six-month loan from Chelsea in January, scoring 9 goals and making three assists in all competitions.