Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Fiorentina legend Batistuta: I really like Salah
Batistuta, who is ranked 11th in the Serie A top goalscoring charts with 184 goals in 318 matches, is considered one of the best ever to represent La Viola.
The 46-year-old former Argentine international took the chance during a meeting to share his thoughts on a few Fiorentina-related subjects including Mohamed Salah and departed coach Vincenzo Montella.
“I really liked Salah during the time he spent with Fiorentina, his form dipped a little but he remains a great player,” the ex-Argentina striker stated.
The 1991 Copa America top scorer then went on to express his disappointment regarding Montella’s sacking.
“I was disappointed by Montella’s departure because he was doing well,” he added.
It is also worth mentioning that the deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer was June 30, as Salah is due to return to Chelsea on July 1, signalling the end of his loan spell.
The former Arab Contractors man joined Fiorentina on a six-month loan from Chelsea in January, scoring 9 goals and making three assists in all competitions.