Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
Official: Demba Ba joins Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua from Beşiktaş
The former Chelsea FC striker joined Beşiktaş J.K last summer for €6.5 million, only spending one year of his contract which was due to end in 2018.
Despite Ba scoring 18 goals in 29 league appearances and 27 goals in 44 appearances in all competitions and becoming a fan favourite with the Turkish side, the Black Eagles couldn’t refuse the record-breaking Chinese offer, which is reported to be in the region of €13 million.
The 30-year-old arrived in China on Saturday and underwent his medical before finalising the deal with Nicolas Anelka and Didier Drogba’s former club.
With all my heart, I wanna thanks besiktas for giving me the opportunity to play for this big club and wearing this beautiful BJK shirt. From the coaching staff and the players to all the people working in the shadow THANK YOU And I don't forget the city of istanbul, the whole off Turkey and every football fans across the country, who made me feel like home. Buyuk Besiktas Bana bu büyük kulüpte oynama ve bu güzel formayı giyme fırsatını verdiği için Beşiktaş'a tüm kalbimle teşekkür etmek isterim. Teknik ekibe, oyunculara ve kulübün tüm emekçilerine SONSUZ TEŞEKKÜRLER. Bana evimde gibi hissettiren Istanbul şehrini, tüm Türkiye'yi ve ülkenin her yerindeki futbolseverleri asla unutmayacağım. Büyük Beşiktaş Dem BABA ❤️ Thanks GOD 🙏
Mohamed Salah’s former Chelsea teammate joins Malian midfielder and former Liverpool, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain player Mohamed Sissoko, who recently signed with the Chinese Super League side.
Demba Ba had been heavily linked to a return to the Premier League with West Bromwich Albion after a successful spell with Beşiktaş J.K, but opted for the €6 million per year net wages in China.