Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Omar El-Hussieny’s Levadia draw first Champions League qualifier
In the first leg of the UEFA Champions League first round, Omar El-Hussieny’s FC Levadia Tallinn held semi-professional Northern Irish club Crusaders FC to a goalless draw in Belfast.
Attempting to qualify for their first ever UEFA Champions League group stages, the Estonians escaped Belfast with a goalless draw against the Northern Ireland Football League Premiership champions, despite being on the back foot for much of the game.
In an eventful first half, Crusaders dominated the early proceedings, earning several corner kicks within the first ten minutes. Levadia’s first real chance came when El-Hussieny’s fantastic long-range effort was blocked by the Crusaders goalkeeper after 15 minutes. The first half commenced with Crusaders on the front foot, but Levadia held strong to go into the locker rooms deadlocked at zero.
The second half continued in the same trend as the first, but neither side was able to convert their goalscoring chances, as the Crues will be certainly lamenting their wastefulness and inability to secure a home victory.
The 2013 and 2014 Meistriliiga winners will head to Tallinn to play host to Crusaders FC on July 7th for the second leg of the UEFA Champions League first round qualifiers. If Levadia win the tie, they will then play Albanian club KS Skenderbeu in the second round.
It should be noted that Omar El-Hussieny recently extended his contract with the Estonian club until the end of the 2015 season. Levadia are currently in first place in the Meistriliiga as they look to secure their third straight title.