Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Omar El-Hussieny’s Levadia draw first Champions League qualifier
In the first leg of the UEFA Champions League first round, Omar El-Hussieny’s FC Levadia Tallinn held semi-professional Northern Irish club Crusaders FC to a goalless draw in Belfast.
Attempting to qualify for their first ever UEFA Champions League group stages, the Estonians escaped Belfast with a goalless draw against the Northern Ireland Football League Premiership champions, despite being on the back foot for much of the game.
In an eventful first half, Crusaders dominated the early proceedings, earning several corner kicks within the first ten minutes. Levadia’s first real chance came when El-Hussieny’s fantastic long-range effort was blocked by the Crusaders goalkeeper after 15 minutes. The first half commenced with Crusaders on the front foot, but Levadia held strong to go into the locker rooms deadlocked at zero.
The second half continued in the same trend as the first, but neither side was able to convert their goalscoring chances, as the Crues will be certainly lamenting their wastefulness and inability to secure a home victory.
The 2013 and 2014 Meistriliiga winners will head to Tallinn to play host to Crusaders FC on July 7th for the second leg of the UEFA Champions League first round qualifiers. If Levadia win the tie, they will then play Albanian club KS Skenderbeu in the second round.
It should be noted that Omar El-Hussieny recently extended his contract with the Estonian club until the end of the 2015 season. Levadia are currently in first place in the Meistriliiga as they look to secure their third straight title.