Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Omar El-Hussieny’s Levadia draw first Champions League qualifier
In the first leg of the UEFA Champions League first round, Omar El-Hussieny’s FC Levadia Tallinn held semi-professional Northern Irish club Crusaders FC to a goalless draw in Belfast.
Attempting to qualify for their first ever UEFA Champions League group stages, the Estonians escaped Belfast with a goalless draw against the Northern Ireland Football League Premiership champions, despite being on the back foot for much of the game.
In an eventful first half, Crusaders dominated the early proceedings, earning several corner kicks within the first ten minutes. Levadia’s first real chance came when El-Hussieny’s fantastic long-range effort was blocked by the Crusaders goalkeeper after 15 minutes. The first half commenced with Crusaders on the front foot, but Levadia held strong to go into the locker rooms deadlocked at zero.
The second half continued in the same trend as the first, but neither side was able to convert their goalscoring chances, as the Crues will be certainly lamenting their wastefulness and inability to secure a home victory.
The 2013 and 2014 Meistriliiga winners will head to Tallinn to play host to Crusaders FC on July 7th for the second leg of the UEFA Champions League first round qualifiers. If Levadia win the tie, they will then play Albanian club KS Skenderbeu in the second round.
It should be noted that Omar El-Hussieny recently extended his contract with the Estonian club until the end of the 2015 season. Levadia are currently in first place in the Meistriliiga as they look to secure their third straight title.