Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Mohamed Shaaban set for return to Zamalek squad against Ismaily
Mohamed Shaaban is close to returning from an injury he suffered in practice with Zamalek to boost his club’s chances against Ismaily in the 36th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
According to Yallakora, Shaaban is set to return to team practice on Friday after Zamalek’s postponed match of the thirty first round against Misr El Maqassa on Thursday.
Since joining the club last summer from ENPPI, the 30-year-old defensive midfielder has only made seven appearances for the Whites.
The player’s foot injury will make him sit out of the club’s next match, as manager Jesualdo Ferreira has already announced the squad, but his chances of rejoining the team against Ismaily on Monday are big.
The coaching staff will decide the Egypt international’s availability prior to the clash with the Dervishes on Monday.
Zamalek are leading the table with 77 points, 9 away from runners-up Al Ahly, whilst Ismaily are 5th with 52 points.