The Malian sports minister cancelled the dissolution of the Malian football association, just...
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
Fiorentina to take legal action against Salah
ACF Fiorentina said in an official statement that they would take legal action against Mohamed Salah following his rejection for their offer to extend his stay with the club.
Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas announced Thursday that the 23-year-old winger opted against staying at Fiorentina.
“Through his representative, the player has rejected our improved contract offer and expressed his desire to join another club,” the club said in a statement.
“He has also informed us that he doesn’t intend to respond to our request for him to report back for pre-season training,” the statement read.
The club held several meetings with the player’s agents in the last two weeks and president Andrea Della Valle confirmed that they “satisfied his needs” before Salah announced turning down their offer.
Fiorentina director Vincenzo Guerini had previously described the contract offer his side presented to the Egyptian as “insane”.
The Florence-based club are intending to take legal action against the Egyptian winger to uphold their loan agreement with Chelsea, as it included the option to extend the loan to 18 months.
“We have placed the matter in the hands of our lawyers so that they may assess all possible courses of action in order to protect the club’s rights,” the statement read.
Salah’s agent announced that the Egypt international will move to another Italian club this summer, with reports saying that Inter Milan have already made formal contact with Chelsea over signing Salah.
The former Arab Contractors player joined Fiorentina on a six-month loan from Chelsea last January. During his loan spell, he managed to play an important role with the team, scoring nine goals and making four assists in all competitions.