Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Fiorentina to take legal action against Salah
ACF Fiorentina said in an official statement that they would take legal action against Mohamed Salah following his rejection for their offer to extend his stay with the club.
Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas announced Thursday that the 23-year-old winger opted against staying at Fiorentina.
“Through his representative, the player has rejected our improved contract offer and expressed his desire to join another club,” the club said in a statement.
“He has also informed us that he doesn’t intend to respond to our request for him to report back for pre-season training,” the statement read.
The club held several meetings with the player’s agents in the last two weeks and president Andrea Della Valle confirmed that they “satisfied his needs” before Salah announced turning down their offer.
Fiorentina director Vincenzo Guerini had previously described the contract offer his side presented to the Egyptian as “insane”.
The Florence-based club are intending to take legal action against the Egyptian winger to uphold their loan agreement with Chelsea, as it included the option to extend the loan to 18 months.
“We have placed the matter in the hands of our lawyers so that they may assess all possible courses of action in order to protect the club’s rights,” the statement read.
Salah’s agent announced that the Egypt international will move to another Italian club this summer, with reports saying that Inter Milan have already made formal contact with Chelsea over signing Salah.
The former Arab Contractors player joined Fiorentina on a six-month loan from Chelsea last January. During his loan spell, he managed to play an important role with the team, scoring nine goals and making four assists in all competitions.