Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Fiorentina to take legal action against Salah
ACF Fiorentina said in an official statement that they would take legal action against Mohamed Salah following his rejection for their offer to extend his stay with the club.
Salah’s agent Ramy Abbas announced Thursday that the 23-year-old winger opted against staying at Fiorentina.
“Through his representative, the player has rejected our improved contract offer and expressed his desire to join another club,” the club said in a statement.
“He has also informed us that he doesn’t intend to respond to our request for him to report back for pre-season training,” the statement read.
The club held several meetings with the player’s agents in the last two weeks and president Andrea Della Valle confirmed that they “satisfied his needs” before Salah announced turning down their offer.
Fiorentina director Vincenzo Guerini had previously described the contract offer his side presented to the Egyptian as “insane”.
The Florence-based club are intending to take legal action against the Egyptian winger to uphold their loan agreement with Chelsea, as it included the option to extend the loan to 18 months.
“We have placed the matter in the hands of our lawyers so that they may assess all possible courses of action in order to protect the club’s rights,” the statement read.
Salah’s agent announced that the Egypt international will move to another Italian club this summer, with reports saying that Inter Milan have already made formal contact with Chelsea over signing Salah.
The former Arab Contractors player joined Fiorentina on a six-month loan from Chelsea last January. During his loan spell, he managed to play an important role with the team, scoring nine goals and making four assists in all competitions.