Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
UPDATE: Rio Ave release statement denying Koka failed medical
Rio Ave have released an official statement denying reports suggesting that Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ failed medicals with Benfica.
The young Egyptian striker, who has been playing his trade at Portuguese Primeira Liga side Rio Ave, was due to join Benfica at the close of the season after some strong performances for his side.
The youngster has been on the books at Rio Ave after a 2012 move from Al Ahly, playing 35 games last season, finishing up as top goalscorer for his side, scoring 15 goals and providing a further two goal assists in the process.
Ahmed Hassan initially failed his Benfica medical in May following the end of the domestic season, with an underlying heart condition given as the reason for the negative test. Benfica, still keen on signing the tall forward, decided to retake the tests following meetings with specialists to correct the problem.
Reports in Portugal claimed earlier today that Koka failed the second medical, again citing his underlying heart condition; however, Rio Ave released a statement on their official Facebook page denying these reports.
“The athlete Hassan returned only yesterday evening, from vacation, having traveled from Cairo to Porto, via Madrid.
“The athlete was today in Vila do Conde, having been at the Stadium during the morning, accompanying the other elements and staff and having performed the usual preseason physicals, having received positive evaluation in all of them.
“It is false that the athlete has accomplished in the meantime any test or medical examination concerning the matter on news.
“The athlete and Rio Ave Futebol Clube, have full knowledge of the perfect health of this State, as well as proven by the clinical specialty of Medical Report that says: “Ahmed Hassan … is completely heart standpoint fit for the exercise of high competition.”
You can read the full statement below: