Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Salah’s agent blasts ‘pathetic’ Fiorentina
Following a highly successful six-month loan spell with the club, the directors approached the Egyptian star with an improved contract described as an “insane offer”, according to Vincenzo Guerini. The club had the option to extend the loan to 18 months for €1 million, and have been trying to convince the 23-year-old winger to extend his stay, as the player had the ‘veto power’ over the extension.
Despite their attempts, agent Ramy Abbas confirmed on Friday that Salah would not continue with Fiorentina but would sign with another Italian club, with Roma and Inter Milan reportedly keeping tabs on the forward.
Fiorentina reacted by releasing an official statement on their website announcing their intention to take legal action against Salah.
“We have placed the matter in the hands of our lawyers so that they may assess all possible courses of action in order to protect the club’s rights,” the statement read.
Ramy Abbas was quick to respond to Fiorentina’s statement by calling Fiorentina “pathetic”. He also took aim at the club by saying: “Salah would like to play for a club with different moral and professional values.”