KingFut covers all the action as Egypt take on Mali in their...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
Salah’s agent blasts ‘pathetic’ Fiorentina
Following a highly successful six-month loan spell with the club, the directors approached the Egyptian star with an improved contract described as an “insane offer”, according to Vincenzo Guerini. The club had the option to extend the loan to 18 months for €1 million, and have been trying to convince the 23-year-old winger to extend his stay, as the player had the ‘veto power’ over the extension.
Despite their attempts, agent Ramy Abbas confirmed on Friday that Salah would not continue with Fiorentina but would sign with another Italian club, with Roma and Inter Milan reportedly keeping tabs on the forward.
Fiorentina reacted by releasing an official statement on their website announcing their intention to take legal action against Salah.
“We have placed the matter in the hands of our lawyers so that they may assess all possible courses of action in order to protect the club’s rights,” the statement read.
Ramy Abbas was quick to respond to Fiorentina’s statement by calling Fiorentina “pathetic”. He also took aim at the club by saying: “Salah would like to play for a club with different moral and professional values.”