Egypt clinched the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship title after beating...
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
Salah’s agent blasts ‘pathetic’ Fiorentina
Following a highly successful six-month loan spell with the club, the directors approached the Egyptian star with an improved contract described as an “insane offer”, according to Vincenzo Guerini. The club had the option to extend the loan to 18 months for €1 million, and have been trying to convince the 23-year-old winger to extend his stay, as the player had the ‘veto power’ over the extension.
Despite their attempts, agent Ramy Abbas confirmed on Friday that Salah would not continue with Fiorentina but would sign with another Italian club, with Roma and Inter Milan reportedly keeping tabs on the forward.
Fiorentina reacted by releasing an official statement on their website announcing their intention to take legal action against Salah.
“We have placed the matter in the hands of our lawyers so that they may assess all possible courses of action in order to protect the club’s rights,” the statement read.
Ramy Abbas was quick to respond to Fiorentina’s statement by calling Fiorentina “pathetic”. He also took aim at the club by saying: “Salah would like to play for a club with different moral and professional values.”