Former Enugu Rangers coach Lawrence Akpokon spoke about the upcoming CAF Champions League clash...
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
Salah’s agent: He is leaving Fiorentina
Arriving on an initial six-month loan from Chelsea in the second half of last season, Mohamed Salah scored 9 goals and made 4 assists in 26 appearances for Fiorentina.
The Florence-based club, who had the option to extend the loan to 18 months for €1 million, have been trying to convince the 23-year-old winger to extend his stay, as the player has the ‘veto power’ over the extension.
The club held several meetings with the player’s agents in the last two weeks, including a meeting last night where president Andrea Della Valle confirmed that they “satisfied his needs”.
The Chelsea loanee’s final response to Fiorentina’s latest offer was expected today, but the “Yes” the Viola had hoped for from Salah didn’t arrive.
“We have decided to not stay at Fiorentina,” Abbas told FirenzeViola.it.
“Salah will move to another Italian club this summer,” he added.
Inter Milan have already made formal contact with Chelsea over signing Salah, while the Nerazzurri are on the verge of selling former FC Basel and Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri to Stoke City.
It’s also reported that Fiorentina could decide to take legal action to uphold their loan agreement with Chelsea, with Inter, Roma, Milan and Juventus in the background monitoring the player’s situation.
Agent: “Salah to stay in Serie A”
Ramy Abbas continued to insist that Salah’s future is likely to be in Serie A but completely ruled out a return to Fiorentina.
“Salah will now return to Chelsea, I’m 100% sure that he won’t return to Fiorentina,” Abbas reiterated to Telelombardia TV.
“He [Salah] has offers from other foreign leagues, but if he leaves Chelsea he’ll go back to Italy. Inter and Juventus? No comment, they are two big clubs, but first they have to speak with Chelsea. I confirm their interest in Salah, but there are also Milan and Roma. these are the 4 clubs interested,”
“Salah’s preference? I cannot answer this now.” he concluded