Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns’...
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns’ midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
EFA blasts Al Nasr with harsh sanctions
The Egyptian Football Association announced a number of sanctions on Al Nasr after the club’s withdrawal from their match against Arab Contractors in the Egyptian Premier League.
Al Nasr decided not to play the match in solidarity with the victims of the Egyptian army in Sinai. However, the club was considered defeated 2-0 for not participating.
In addition to that, three points will be deducted from the team’s points which leaves the Cairo based club with 29 points. Along with a 200,000 EGP fine and taking care of any fines applied on Arab Contractors from their sponsors and advertisers since the match was not broadcasted.
The EFA did not stop there, but also decided to suspend Sayed ِEid, Al Nasr’s coach, and investigating his actions as he intentionally did not lead his team to play the match.