The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
EFA blasts Al Nasr with harsh sanctions
The Egyptian Football Association announced a number of sanctions on Al Nasr after the club’s withdrawal from their match against Arab Contractors in the Egyptian Premier League.
Al Nasr decided not to play the match in solidarity with the victims of the Egyptian army in Sinai. However, the club was considered defeated 2-0 for not participating.
In addition to that, three points will be deducted from the team’s points which leaves the Cairo based club with 29 points. Along with a 200,000 EGP fine and taking care of any fines applied on Arab Contractors from their sponsors and advertisers since the match was not broadcasted.
The EFA did not stop there, but also decided to suspend Sayed ِEid, Al Nasr’s coach, and investigating his actions as he intentionally did not lead his team to play the match.