Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
EFA blasts Al Nasr with harsh sanctions
The Egyptian Football Association announced a number of sanctions on Al Nasr after the club’s withdrawal from their match against Arab Contractors in the Egyptian Premier League.
Al Nasr decided not to play the match in solidarity with the victims of the Egyptian army in Sinai. However, the club was considered defeated 2-0 for not participating.
In addition to that, three points will be deducted from the team’s points which leaves the Cairo based club with 29 points. Along with a 200,000 EGP fine and taking care of any fines applied on Arab Contractors from their sponsors and advertisers since the match was not broadcasted.
The EFA did not stop there, but also decided to suspend Sayed ِEid, Al Nasr’s coach, and investigating his actions as he intentionally did not lead his team to play the match.