Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
EFA blasts Al Nasr with harsh sanctions
The Egyptian Football Association announced a number of sanctions on Al Nasr after the club’s withdrawal from their match against Arab Contractors in the Egyptian Premier League.
Al Nasr decided not to play the match in solidarity with the victims of the Egyptian army in Sinai. However, the club was considered defeated 2-0 for not participating.
In addition to that, three points will be deducted from the team’s points which leaves the Cairo based club with 29 points. Along with a 200,000 EGP fine and taking care of any fines applied on Arab Contractors from their sponsors and advertisers since the match was not broadcasted.
The EFA did not stop there, but also decided to suspend Sayed ِEid, Al Nasr’s coach, and investigating his actions as he intentionally did not lead his team to play the match.