Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
EFA blasts Al Nasr with harsh sanctions
The Egyptian Football Association announced a number of sanctions on Al Nasr after the club’s withdrawal from their match against Arab Contractors in the Egyptian Premier League.
Al Nasr decided not to play the match in solidarity with the victims of the Egyptian army in Sinai. However, the club was considered defeated 2-0 for not participating.
In addition to that, three points will be deducted from the team’s points which leaves the Cairo based club with 29 points. Along with a 200,000 EGP fine and taking care of any fines applied on Arab Contractors from their sponsors and advertisers since the match was not broadcasted.
The EFA did not stop there, but also decided to suspend Sayed ِEid, Al Nasr’s coach, and investigating his actions as he intentionally did not lead his team to play the match.