Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Wadi Degla terminate Ahmed El-Merghany’s contract
Wadi Degla has terminated Ahmad El-Merghany’s contract after he posted some critical comments on Facebook regarding Egypt’s president Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi.
The 27-year-old midfielder Ahmed El-Merghany was considered as one of Wadi Degla’s most important players this season.
Unfortunately, Degla’s board has decided to terminate El-Merghany’s contract after criticizing Egypt’s president El-Sisi on his personal Facebook account. El-Merghany’s comments came after Egypt suffered some terrorist attacks in Sinai resulting in the death of over 60 army servicemen in Sheikh Zuweid.
The Ex-Zamalek player has criticized the way El-Sisi handled these terrorist attacks, saying: “You told the people to come out and support you in order to fight terrorism. The people flood the streets even though fighting terrorism should’ve been your job in the first place.”
“Ever since then, everyone is dying ; civilians, soldiers and policemen. Where are you? All we ever get from you is useless words with no actions,” he continued
He then went on calling El-Sisi a “failure” and held him responsible for the killed servicemen in Sinai, “Is a state of mourning not going to be declared for them and the television soaps cancelled? Or are they not as important as the state prosecutor?”