A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Wadi Degla terminate Ahmed El-Merghany’s contract
Wadi Degla has terminated Ahmad El-Merghany’s contract after he posted some critical comments on Facebook regarding Egypt’s president Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi.
The 27-year-old midfielder Ahmed El-Merghany was considered as one of Wadi Degla’s most important players this season.
Unfortunately, Degla’s board has decided to terminate El-Merghany’s contract after criticizing Egypt’s president El-Sisi on his personal Facebook account. El-Merghany’s comments came after Egypt suffered some terrorist attacks in Sinai resulting in the death of over 60 army servicemen in Sheikh Zuweid.
The Ex-Zamalek player has criticized the way El-Sisi handled these terrorist attacks, saying: “You told the people to come out and support you in order to fight terrorism. The people flood the streets even though fighting terrorism should’ve been your job in the first place.”
“Ever since then, everyone is dying ; civilians, soldiers and policemen. Where are you? All we ever get from you is useless words with no actions,” he continued
He then went on calling El-Sisi a “failure” and held him responsible for the killed servicemen in Sinai, “Is a state of mourning not going to be declared for them and the television soaps cancelled? Or are they not as important as the state prosecutor?”