Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Wadi Degla terminate Ahmed El-Merghany’s contract
Wadi Degla has terminated Ahmad El-Merghany’s contract after he posted some critical comments on Facebook regarding Egypt’s president Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi.
The 27-year-old midfielder Ahmed El-Merghany was considered as one of Wadi Degla’s most important players this season.
Unfortunately, Degla’s board has decided to terminate El-Merghany’s contract after criticizing Egypt’s president El-Sisi on his personal Facebook account. El-Merghany’s comments came after Egypt suffered some terrorist attacks in Sinai resulting in the death of over 60 army servicemen in Sheikh Zuweid.
The Ex-Zamalek player has criticized the way El-Sisi handled these terrorist attacks, saying: “You told the people to come out and support you in order to fight terrorism. The people flood the streets even though fighting terrorism should’ve been your job in the first place.”
“Ever since then, everyone is dying ; civilians, soldiers and policemen. Where are you? All we ever get from you is useless words with no actions,” he continued
He then went on calling El-Sisi a “failure” and held him responsible for the killed servicemen in Sinai, “Is a state of mourning not going to be declared for them and the television soaps cancelled? Or are they not as important as the state prosecutor?”