Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Nigeria manager Stephen Keshi sacked
The ex-Anderlecht player recently applied for the vacant Ivory Coast job, previously managed by Herve Renard who lead them to their second AFCON triumph in February, which caused controversy amongst fans of the theee-time African champions.
Keshi leaves his role winning one AFCON trophy (2013), a 2013 FIFA Confederation Cup appearance & a 2014 FIFA World Cup round-of-16 appearance with Nigeria.
Both Nigeria and Egypt failed to qualify for the 2015 tournament held in Equatorial Guinea, with Egypt’s last showing being at Angola 2010 where they won their record-extending seventh title.