The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
OFFICIAL: Amro Tarek joins Real Betis
The 23-year-old has signed a four-year deal with the recently-promoted La Liga side, who were crowned champions of the Segunda División last season, becoming their third summer signing after Petros and Rafael van der Vaart.
This comes after El-Gouna accepted Real Betis’ offer for €300,000 for the defender.
American-born Amro, who previously represented Egypt at the U-20 level and was once touted by Cairo giants Al Ahly, becomes the first Egyptian to ever play for the Béticos. He is also only the second Egyptian to move to La Liga, after Mido’s loan spell with Celta Vigo.
— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) July 6, 2015
Amro Tarek has previously played in Europe at youth level for Magdeburg’s U-19 side and both SC Freiburg and Wolfsburg’s second teams. It is worth mentioning that he has also had a trial with Swiss side FC Luzern.