Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
OFFICIAL: Amro Tarek joins Real Betis
The 23-year-old has signed a four-year deal with the recently-promoted La Liga side, who were crowned champions of the Segunda División last season, becoming their third summer signing after Petros and Rafael van der Vaart.
This comes after El-Gouna accepted Real Betis’ offer for €300,000 for the defender.
American-born Amro, who previously represented Egypt at the U-20 level and was once touted by Cairo giants Al Ahly, becomes the first Egyptian to ever play for the Béticos. He is also only the second Egyptian to move to La Liga, after Mido’s loan spell with Celta Vigo.
— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) July 6, 2015
Amro Tarek has previously played in Europe at youth level for Magdeburg’s U-19 side and both SC Freiburg and Wolfsburg’s second teams. It is worth mentioning that he has also had a trial with Swiss side FC Luzern.