Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
OFFICIAL: Amro Tarek joins Real Betis
The 23-year-old has signed a four-year deal with the recently-promoted La Liga side, who were crowned champions of the Segunda División last season, becoming their third summer signing after Petros and Rafael van der Vaart.
This comes after El-Gouna accepted Real Betis’ offer for €300,000 for the defender.
American-born Amro, who previously represented Egypt at the U-20 level and was once touted by Cairo giants Al Ahly, becomes the first Egyptian to ever play for the Béticos. He is also only the second Egyptian to move to La Liga, after Mido’s loan spell with Celta Vigo.
— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) July 6, 2015
Amro Tarek has previously played in Europe at youth level for Magdeburg’s U-19 side and both SC Freiburg and Wolfsburg’s second teams. It is worth mentioning that he has also had a trial with Swiss side FC Luzern.