Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
OFFICIAL: Amro Tarek joins Real Betis
The 23-year-old has signed a four-year deal with the recently-promoted La Liga side, who were crowned champions of the Segunda División last season, becoming their third summer signing after Petros and Rafael van der Vaart.
This comes after El-Gouna accepted Real Betis’ offer for €300,000 for the defender.
American-born Amro, who previously represented Egypt at the U-20 level and was once touted by Cairo giants Al Ahly, becomes the first Egyptian to ever play for the Béticos. He is also only the second Egyptian to move to La Liga, after Mido’s loan spell with Celta Vigo.
— Real Betis Balompié (@RealBetis) July 6, 2015
Amro Tarek has previously played in Europe at youth level for Magdeburg’s U-19 side and both SC Freiburg and Wolfsburg’s second teams. It is worth mentioning that he has also had a trial with Swiss side FC Luzern.