Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Al Ahly announce squad for Stade Malien game
Al Ahly manager Fathi Mabrouk has announced the squad to face Stade Malien on Sunday in the CAF Confederation Cup group stage.
The Red Devils squad witnessed the exclusion of Walid Soliman and Hossam Ashour due to suspension. Mohamed Rizk and Islam Roshdy, however, weren’t included in the squad due to military service procedures.
Although Peter Ebimobowei recovered from injury, he was left out of the squad, as Mabrouk didn’t find him ready to take part in the game.
The squad that will be traveling to Mali will have 17 players only, three of whom are goalkeepers.
Al Ahly squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel, Mossad Awad.
Defenders: Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Sabry Raheel, Hussein El Sayed, Bassem Ali, Sherif Hazem.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Abdallah Said, Momen Zakaria, Ramadan Sobhy, Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’.
Attackers: Amr Gamal, Emad Meteb, Saladin Said.
Al Ahly are set to play against Stade Malien away in the second round of group B matches on Sunday. The Reds, who are the reigning champions of the competition, won their first game against Esperance while the Malians lost their group opener away to Etoile du Sahel.