Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Rabia out of Sporting Lisbon’s plans – Report
Since Jorge Jesus’ first day at Sporting Lisbon a series of players that have spent the previous season on loan or in the B team have been trying to show the new coach that they are worthy of a spot in the squad for the 2015/16 season.
Rami Rabia is one of those players, but according to Portuguese newspaper Record, he has failed to meet the high standards of the former Benfica coach, having been sent to train with the B team and wait for developments regarding his future at the club.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) July 3, 2015
A loan is the likeliest scenario at this point, but a permanent sale may also happen, with former club Al-Ahly already monitoring the situation.
Rabia joined Sporting last summer after long negotiations, but following an abdomen injury in pre-season, he was demoted to the B team, where he played 21 games, failing to score any goals.
He managed to play three matches in the main squad, but all of them were in the League Cup, a competition which Sporting did not consider to be a priority.