Speaking exclusively to KingFut.com, former Arsenal winger and current coach Robert Pires...
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
Rabia out of Sporting Lisbon’s plans – Report
Since Jorge Jesus’ first day at Sporting Lisbon a series of players that have spent the previous season on loan or in the B team have been trying to show the new coach that they are worthy of a spot in the squad for the 2015/16 season.
Rami Rabia is one of those players, but according to Portuguese newspaper Record, he has failed to meet the high standards of the former Benfica coach, having been sent to train with the B team and wait for developments regarding his future at the club.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) July 3, 2015
A loan is the likeliest scenario at this point, but a permanent sale may also happen, with former club Al-Ahly already monitoring the situation.
Rabia joined Sporting last summer after long negotiations, but following an abdomen injury in pre-season, he was demoted to the B team, where he played 21 games, failing to score any goals.
He managed to play three matches in the main squad, but all of them were in the League Cup, a competition which Sporting did not consider to be a priority.