Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Egypt remain unchanged in FIFA World Rankings
Egypt remained 55th leapfrogging Nigeria and Guinea who dropped significantly 14 and 13 places respectively to 57th and 58th.
Ghana were big movers in the Confederation of African Football rankings moving up nine places to 29th, bouncing above Tunisia who dropped three places to 32nd.
Cameroon were also big movers jumping up seen places to 42nd, whilst Africa’s top ranked team Algeria moved up a further two places to 19th in the World. It is interesting to note that Algeria have surpassed France (ranked 22nd) for the first time in history.
CAF World Rankings:
- 19 – Algeria
- 21 – Cote d’Ivoire
- 25 – Ghana
- 32 – Tunisia
- 39 – Senegal
- 42 – Cameroon
- 47 – Congo
- 52 – Cape Verde
- 55 – Egypt
- 57 – Nigeria