Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Egypt faces tough group in 2015 All-Africa Games
The tournament will be taking place between the 3rd and 18th of September 2015, while the draw took place on the 9th of July 2015 in CAF’s headquarters in Cairo.
Burkina Faso, Congo, Sudan and Zimbabwe will be competing in Group A; Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal were drawn into Group B.
The first and second of each group will qualify to the semi-finals with each group winner facing the other group’s runner-up.
Out of the 8 competing nations Congo, Egypt, Ghana and Nigeria are the only ones to have received gold medals; on the other hand, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Sudan are the only ones who have not become medalists yet.
The All-Africa Games is not to be confused with the CAF U-23 Championship which gives nations the chance to qualify for the Olympics.
The Olympic team will be representing Egypt in the competition since it is for U-23 teams only.