KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Egypt faces tough group in 2015 All-Africa Games
The tournament will be taking place between the 3rd and 18th of September 2015, while the draw took place on the 9th of July 2015 in CAF’s headquarters in Cairo.
Burkina Faso, Congo, Sudan and Zimbabwe will be competing in Group A; Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal were drawn into Group B.
The first and second of each group will qualify to the semi-finals with each group winner facing the other group’s runner-up.
Out of the 8 competing nations Congo, Egypt, Ghana and Nigeria are the only ones to have received gold medals; on the other hand, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Sudan are the only ones who have not become medalists yet.
The All-Africa Games is not to be confused with the CAF U-23 Championship which gives nations the chance to qualify for the Olympics.
The Olympic team will be representing Egypt in the competition since it is for U-23 teams only.