Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Egypt faces tough group in 2015 All-Africa Games
The tournament will be taking place between the 3rd and 18th of September 2015, while the draw took place on the 9th of July 2015 in CAF’s headquarters in Cairo.
Burkina Faso, Congo, Sudan and Zimbabwe will be competing in Group A; Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal were drawn into Group B.
The first and second of each group will qualify to the semi-finals with each group winner facing the other group’s runner-up.
Out of the 8 competing nations Congo, Egypt, Ghana and Nigeria are the only ones to have received gold medals; on the other hand, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Sudan are the only ones who have not become medalists yet.
The All-Africa Games is not to be confused with the CAF U-23 Championship which gives nations the chance to qualify for the Olympics.
The Olympic team will be representing Egypt in the competition since it is for U-23 teams only.