Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Egypt faces tough group in 2015 All-Africa Games
Egypt set to face tough group in the 2015 All-Africa Games, playing Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal.
The tournament will be taking place between the 3rd and 18th of September 2015, while the draw took place on the 9th of July 2015 in CAF’s headquarters in Cairo.
The first and second of each group will qualify to the semi-finals with each group winner facing the other group’s runner-up.
Out of the 8 competing nations Congo, Egypt, Ghana and Nigeria are the only ones to have received gold medals; on the other hand, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Sudan are the only ones who have not become medalists yet.
The All-Africa Games is not to be confused with the CAF U-23 Championship which gives nations the chance to qualify for the Olympics.
The Olympic team will be representing Egypt in the competition since it is for U-23 teams only.