Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi is set to visit Egypt on...
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
Egypt faces tough group in 2015 All-Africa Games
The tournament will be taking place between the 3rd and 18th of September 2015, while the draw took place on the 9th of July 2015 in CAF’s headquarters in Cairo.
Burkina Faso, Congo, Sudan and Zimbabwe will be competing in Group A; Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria and Senegal were drawn into Group B.
The first and second of each group will qualify to the semi-finals with each group winner facing the other group’s runner-up.
Out of the 8 competing nations Congo, Egypt, Ghana and Nigeria are the only ones to have received gold medals; on the other hand, Burkina Faso, Senegal and Sudan are the only ones who have not become medalists yet.
The All-Africa Games is not to be confused with the CAF U-23 Championship which gives nations the chance to qualify for the Olympics.
The Olympic team will be representing Egypt in the competition since it is for U-23 teams only.