Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Koka scores goal in Rio Ave’s pre-season friendly
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ has scored in Rio Ave’s 7-0 pre-season friendly demolition of Seleção Concelhia.
The 22-year-old Egyptian did not start the game which took place after a training session, although Liberian and former El-Geish striker William Jebor did.
The Egyptian managed to get on the score sheet in the 49th minute after latching onto a ball in the middle of the box and firing low into the bottom corner.
In the dying embers of the game Jebor missed a penalty however the game finished 7-0 to the Rio Grande.
The match comes after speculation that Koka would leave Rio Ave for Portuguese giants Benfica, although it has been reported that he has failed two medicals, although Hassan and Rio Ave have denied that.
It seems that the Rio Ave media team made every effort to cover the fact that Hassan was playing by not mentioning him in the lineups and making every attempt possible to not include him in any of the photos published.
Although we did manage to find this, where he can be seen in the background!