Al Ahly received $3.8 million of the transfer fees of former Red...
- Marwan ElShorbagy defeats brother to reach Windy City Open semi-finals
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
OFFICIAL: Ismaily sack Tarek Yehia
Ismaily have officially announced sacking their coach Tarek Yehia following the team’s poor recent results in the Egyptian Premier League.
The Dervishes lost 2-0 against Haras El-Hodood on Saturday in the 38th round of the Egyptian Premier League to sit sixth in the league table with 55 points.
The Yellow Dragons’ failure to secure one of the first four spots in the league table lost them the chance of qualifying to the African championships next season. They, however, can still manage to qualify through Egypt Cup.
According to Ismaily’s official website, the club’s board decided to terminate Yehia’s contract announcing that the team’s general coach Ashraf Khedr will be in charge of the team during the upcoming period.
Yehia was appointed as the Dervishes coach in February to replace Brazilian coach Recardo Ferreira who resigned following a string of poor results.
It is worth noting that Ismaily started the season with a six-point deduction for failing to fulfill their financial obligations towards the agent of their former player John Owoeri.