Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
OFFICIAL: Ismaily sack Tarek Yehia
Ismaily have officially announced sacking their coach Tarek Yehia following the team’s poor recent results in the Egyptian Premier League.
The Dervishes lost 2-0 against Haras El-Hodood on Saturday in the 38th round of the Egyptian Premier League to sit sixth in the league table with 55 points.
The Yellow Dragons’ failure to secure one of the first four spots in the league table lost them the chance of qualifying to the African championships next season. They, however, can still manage to qualify through Egypt Cup.
According to Ismaily’s official website, the club’s board decided to terminate Yehia’s contract announcing that the team’s general coach Ashraf Khedr will be in charge of the team during the upcoming period.
Yehia was appointed as the Dervishes coach in February to replace Brazilian coach Recardo Ferreira who resigned following a string of poor results.
It is worth noting that Ismaily started the season with a six-point deduction for failing to fulfill their financial obligations towards the agent of their former player John Owoeri.