Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
OFFICIAL: Ismaily sack Tarek Yehia
Ismaily have officially announced sacking their coach Tarek Yehia following the team’s poor recent results in the Egyptian Premier League.
The Dervishes lost 2-0 against Haras El-Hodood on Saturday in the 38th round of the Egyptian Premier League to sit sixth in the league table with 55 points.
The Yellow Dragons’ failure to secure one of the first four spots in the league table lost them the chance of qualifying to the African championships next season. They, however, can still manage to qualify through Egypt Cup.
According to Ismaily’s official website, the club’s board decided to terminate Yehia’s contract announcing that the team’s general coach Ashraf Khedr will be in charge of the team during the upcoming period.
Yehia was appointed as the Dervishes coach in February to replace Brazilian coach Recardo Ferreira who resigned following a string of poor results.
It is worth noting that Ismaily started the season with a six-point deduction for failing to fulfill their financial obligations towards the agent of their former player John Owoeri.