A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
OFFICIAL: Ismaily sack Tarek Yehia
Ismaily have officially announced sacking their coach Tarek Yehia following the team’s poor recent results in the Egyptian Premier League.
The Dervishes lost 2-0 against Haras El-Hodood on Saturday in the 38th round of the Egyptian Premier League to sit sixth in the league table with 55 points.
The Yellow Dragons’ failure to secure one of the first four spots in the league table lost them the chance of qualifying to the African championships next season. They, however, can still manage to qualify through Egypt Cup.
According to Ismaily’s official website, the club’s board decided to terminate Yehia’s contract announcing that the team’s general coach Ashraf Khedr will be in charge of the team during the upcoming period.
Yehia was appointed as the Dervishes coach in February to replace Brazilian coach Recardo Ferreira who resigned following a string of poor results.
It is worth noting that Ismaily started the season with a six-point deduction for failing to fulfill their financial obligations towards the agent of their former player John Owoeri.