Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
REPORT: Trio interested as Chelsea open auction for Salah
Salah, who has reported to Chelsea’s pre-season campaign, is not expected to take part in the squad travelling to Montreal on Wednesday as he does not fall into the plans of Jose Mourinho for next season; therefore, he is currently training with the U-21 team at Cobham training centre, with the Blues waiting for the team that will satisfy their demands.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Chelsea have triggered the auction for the Egyptian (and will return back the €1m paid by Fiorentina for the extension of Salah’s loan).
Inter already contacted the agents of Salah in May, when the player decided that he isn’t staying in Florence. Nerazzurri owner Erick Thohir had contacted Roman Abramovic in person, offering €20m for the 23-year-old winger’s services. Il Biscione want to know the future of their primary attacking target, otherwise they’ll turn their heads to alternative Stevan Jovetić, who they already have an agreement with.
There are also Roma who are, according to Gazzetta, slightly in pole position to sign the Egyptian international, because of their Champions League status. The Giallorossi are ready to sacrifice Ivorian internationals Gervinho and Seydou Doumbia in addition to offloading Mattia Destro to obtain cash and free space for Salah and their other attacking target, Edin Džeko.
Roma will seek to find an agreement with Chelsea, who are hoping to get €25m from Salah’s sale.
Atletico Madrid are also interested in the player, with their pursuit set to increase should they sell Antoine Griezmann; however, the Egyptian prefers to stay in Italy, says the Milan-based newspaper.
It’s also widely reported that July 13 will be pivotal to know the future of Salah, as Chelsea and Fiorentina are aiming to find a solution and avoid FIFA arbitration, with other clubs in the background waiting for the right moment.