The round one fixtures for the Men’s World Squash Championship 2016 have been released. ...
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
REPORT: Trio interested as Chelsea open auction for Salah
Salah, who has reported to Chelsea’s pre-season campaign, is not expected to take part in the squad travelling to Montreal on Wednesday as he does not fall into the plans of Jose Mourinho for next season; therefore, he is currently training with the U-21 team at Cobham training centre, with the Blues waiting for the team that will satisfy their demands.
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Chelsea have triggered the auction for the Egyptian (and will return back the €1m paid by Fiorentina for the extension of Salah’s loan).
Inter already contacted the agents of Salah in May, when the player decided that he isn’t staying in Florence. Nerazzurri owner Erick Thohir had contacted Roman Abramovic in person, offering €20m for the 23-year-old winger’s services. Il Biscione want to know the future of their primary attacking target, otherwise they’ll turn their heads to alternative Stevan Jovetić, who they already have an agreement with.
There are also Roma who are, according to Gazzetta, slightly in pole position to sign the Egyptian international, because of their Champions League status. The Giallorossi are ready to sacrifice Ivorian internationals Gervinho and Seydou Doumbia in addition to offloading Mattia Destro to obtain cash and free space for Salah and their other attacking target, Edin Džeko.
Roma will seek to find an agreement with Chelsea, who are hoping to get €25m from Salah’s sale.
Atletico Madrid are also interested in the player, with their pursuit set to increase should they sell Antoine Griezmann; however, the Egyptian prefers to stay in Italy, says the Milan-based newspaper.
It’s also widely reported that July 13 will be pivotal to know the future of Salah, as Chelsea and Fiorentina are aiming to find a solution and avoid FIFA arbitration, with other clubs in the background waiting for the right moment.