Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
Official: Stephan El Shaarawy joins AS Monaco from AC Milan
El Shaarawy joins AS Monaco on an initial loan for €3 million with a mandatory option to buy for €13 million, which means Les Rouges et Blancs will pay a total of €16 million for the transfer.
The Italy international will sign a five-year deal worth €3m a season, as per Gazzetta dello Sport.
The Ligue 1 club believe that the 22-year-old forward would be the ideal replacement for Belgium international Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, who was sold to Atlético Madrid over the weekend.
— AS MONACO (@AS_Monaco) July 13, 2015
Il Faraone, nicknamed as such for being the son of an Egyptian father , joined AC Milan in 2011 and was expected to have a very promising career; especially following the 2012/13 season when he finished the first half of Serie A as its top scorer.
However, injuries prevented Shaarawy from keeping his top form, and he only scored four goals for the Rossoneri in the past two seasons, compared with 19 goals during the 2012/13 season.
Shaarawy told Sky Sport Italia earlier on Monday: “I had to make a decision in 24 hours. But I think I made the right choice for my career.”
Shaarawy underwent his medical on Monday before the deal was officially announced.
— AC Milan (@acmilan) July 13, 2015