Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
Official: Stephan El Shaarawy joins AS Monaco from AC Milan
El Shaarawy joins AS Monaco on an initial loan for €3 million with a mandatory option to buy for €13 million, which means Les Rouges et Blancs will pay a total of €16 million for the transfer.
The Italy international will sign a five-year deal worth €3m a season, as per Gazzetta dello Sport.
The Ligue 1 club believe that the 22-year-old forward would be the ideal replacement for Belgium international Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, who was sold to Atlético Madrid over the weekend.
— AS MONACO (@AS_Monaco) July 13, 2015
Il Faraone, nicknamed as such for being the son of an Egyptian father , joined AC Milan in 2011 and was expected to have a very promising career; especially following the 2012/13 season when he finished the first half of Serie A as its top scorer.
However, injuries prevented Shaarawy from keeping his top form, and he only scored four goals for the Rossoneri in the past two seasons, compared with 19 goals during the 2012/13 season.
Shaarawy told Sky Sport Italia earlier on Monday: “I had to make a decision in 24 hours. But I think I made the right choice for my career.”
Shaarawy underwent his medical on Monday before the deal was officially announced.
— AC Milan (@acmilan) July 13, 2015