Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Official: Stephan El Shaarawy joins AS Monaco from AC Milan
El Shaarawy joins AS Monaco on an initial loan for €3 million with a mandatory option to buy for €13 million, which means Les Rouges et Blancs will pay a total of €16 million for the transfer.
The Italy international will sign a five-year deal worth €3m a season, as per Gazzetta dello Sport.
The Ligue 1 club believe that the 22-year-old forward would be the ideal replacement for Belgium international Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, who was sold to Atlético Madrid over the weekend.
— AS MONACO (@AS_Monaco) July 13, 2015
Il Faraone, nicknamed as such for being the son of an Egyptian father , joined AC Milan in 2011 and was expected to have a very promising career; especially following the 2012/13 season when he finished the first half of Serie A as its top scorer.
However, injuries prevented Shaarawy from keeping his top form, and he only scored four goals for the Rossoneri in the past two seasons, compared with 19 goals during the 2012/13 season.
Shaarawy told Sky Sport Italia earlier on Monday: “I had to make a decision in 24 hours. But I think I made the right choice for my career.”
Shaarawy underwent his medical on Monday before the deal was officially announced.
— AC Milan (@acmilan) July 13, 2015