The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Official: Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ appointed coach of Ismaily
Ismaily have officially appointed Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ as coach of the side, marking the latter’s second career spell as coach.
The Yellow Dragons had relieved Tarek Yehia of duties following their 2-0 loss to Haras El-Hodood in early July, leaving the side to his right-hand man, Ashraf Khedr.
The one-time African champions ended the season in a disappointing sixth place, a staggering nine points behind Misr El-Maqassa, who occupied the final African berth.
Despite interest from Smouha, the northeastern outfit were able to secure the services of former Tottenham striker Mido.
The former Egyptian international last coached Zamalek, where he led the club to the championship play-offs and Egypt Cup glory; however, the Whites finished in a disappointed third place, preventing them from participating in the 2015 CAF Champions League.
Apart from punditry, Mido had taken charge of the youth system at the Whites following the end of his coaching spell.
It is also worth mentioning that Ismaily still have a chance to qualify for the 2016 CAF Confederation Cup, if they are able to secure their first Egypt Cup in 15 years.