Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
Official: Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ appointed coach of Ismaily
Ismaily have officially appointed Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ as coach of the side, marking the latter’s second career spell as coach.
The Yellow Dragons had relieved Tarek Yehia of duties following their 2-0 loss to Haras El-Hodood in early July, leaving the side to his right-hand man, Ashraf Khedr.
The one-time African champions ended the season in a disappointing sixth place, a staggering nine points behind Misr El-Maqassa, who occupied the final African berth.
Despite interest from Smouha, the northeastern outfit were able to secure the services of former Tottenham striker Mido.
The former Egyptian international last coached Zamalek, where he led the club to the championship play-offs and Egypt Cup glory; however, the Whites finished in a disappointed third place, preventing them from participating in the 2015 CAF Champions League.
Apart from punditry, Mido had taken charge of the youth system at the Whites following the end of his coaching spell.
It is also worth mentioning that Ismaily still have a chance to qualify for the 2016 CAF Confederation Cup, if they are able to secure their first Egypt Cup in 15 years.