Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Official: Gedo, Abdel-Fadil renew contracts with Al Ahly
Football manager and former Ahly player Wael Gomaa had previously announced that the 30-year-old forward extended his contract in May, yet the contract details were not announced back then.
Gedo, who has recently recovered from an ACL injury, has been selected by Al Ahly’s current manager Fathi Mabrouk to join the squad list; unlike the scenario with the former coach Juan Carlos Garrido, who excluded the 30-year-old from the African squad.
On the other hand, it was reported that Al Ahly might release former Ismaily defender Sherif Abdel-Fadil as the 32 year-old defender suffered from a number of injuries over the last few seasons.
However, Abdel-Sadek told Al Ahly’s official website that these players have played a role in the Red Castle’s latest achievements, and deserve to continue.
“These are of two of Al Ahly’s loyal players and they deserve the care,” said Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
“They have participated along their teammates in the club’s latest accomplishments,” he added.
Egypt striker Gedo should expect to have plenty of competition for playing time, as Al Ahly have recently signed forwards John Antwi, Malick Evouna and Mohamed Hamdy Zaki, while Amr Gamal has returned from injury.