Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Official: Gedo, Abdel-Fadil renew contracts with Al Ahly
Football manager and former Ahly player Wael Gomaa had previously announced that the 30-year-old forward extended his contract in May, yet the contract details were not announced back then.
Gedo, who has recently recovered from an ACL injury, has been selected by Al Ahly’s current manager Fathi Mabrouk to join the squad list; unlike the scenario with the former coach Juan Carlos Garrido, who excluded the 30-year-old from the African squad.
On the other hand, it was reported that Al Ahly might release former Ismaily defender Sherif Abdel-Fadil as the 32 year-old defender suffered from a number of injuries over the last few seasons.
However, Abdel-Sadek told Al Ahly’s official website that these players have played a role in the Red Castle’s latest achievements, and deserve to continue.
“These are of two of Al Ahly’s loyal players and they deserve the care,” said Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
“They have participated along their teammates in the club’s latest accomplishments,” he added.
Egypt striker Gedo should expect to have plenty of competition for playing time, as Al Ahly have recently signed forwards John Antwi, Malick Evouna and Mohamed Hamdy Zaki, while Amr Gamal has returned from injury.