Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Official: Gedo, Abdel-Fadil renew contracts with Al Ahly
Football manager and former Ahly player Wael Gomaa had previously announced that the 30-year-old forward extended his contract in May, yet the contract details were not announced back then.
Gedo, who has recently recovered from an ACL injury, has been selected by Al Ahly’s current manager Fathi Mabrouk to join the squad list; unlike the scenario with the former coach Juan Carlos Garrido, who excluded the 30-year-old from the African squad.
On the other hand, it was reported that Al Ahly might release former Ismaily defender Sherif Abdel-Fadil as the 32 year-old defender suffered from a number of injuries over the last few seasons.
However, Abdel-Sadek told Al Ahly’s official website that these players have played a role in the Red Castle’s latest achievements, and deserve to continue.
“These are of two of Al Ahly’s loyal players and they deserve the care,” said Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
“They have participated along their teammates in the club’s latest accomplishments,” he added.
Egypt striker Gedo should expect to have plenty of competition for playing time, as Al Ahly have recently signed forwards John Antwi, Malick Evouna and Mohamed Hamdy Zaki, while Amr Gamal has returned from injury.