Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Official: Gedo, Abdel-Fadil renew contracts with Al Ahly
Al Ahly’s director of football Alaa Abdel-Sadek has confirmed that Mohamed Nagy ‘Gedo’ and Sherif Abdel-Fadil have renewed their contracts with the Red Devils for three years each.
Football manager and former Ahly player Wael Gomaa had previously announced that the 30-year-old forward extended his contract in May, yet the contract details were not announced back then.
Gedo, who has recently recovered from an ACL injury, has been selected by Al Ahly’s current manager Fathi Mabrouk to join the squad list; unlike the scenario with the former coach Juan Carlos Garrido, who excluded the 30-year-old from the African squad.
On the other hand, it was reported that Al Ahly might release former Ismaily defender Sherif Abdel-Fadil as the 32 year-old defender suffered from a number of injuries over the last few seasons.
However, Abdel-Sadek told Al Ahly’s official website that these players have played a role in the Red Castle’s latest achievements, and deserve to continue.
“These are of two of Al Ahly’s loyal players and they deserve the care,” said Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
“They have participated along their teammates in the club’s latest accomplishments,” he added.
Egypt striker Gedo should expect to have plenty of competition for playing time, as Al Ahly have recently signed forwards John Antwi, Malick Evouna and Mohamed Hamdy Zaki, while Amr Gamal has returned from injury.