Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Official: Gedo, Abdel-Fadil renew contracts with Al Ahly
Football manager and former Ahly player Wael Gomaa had previously announced that the 30-year-old forward extended his contract in May, yet the contract details were not announced back then.
Gedo, who has recently recovered from an ACL injury, has been selected by Al Ahly’s current manager Fathi Mabrouk to join the squad list; unlike the scenario with the former coach Juan Carlos Garrido, who excluded the 30-year-old from the African squad.
On the other hand, it was reported that Al Ahly might release former Ismaily defender Sherif Abdel-Fadil as the 32 year-old defender suffered from a number of injuries over the last few seasons.
However, Abdel-Sadek told Al Ahly’s official website that these players have played a role in the Red Castle’s latest achievements, and deserve to continue.
“These are of two of Al Ahly’s loyal players and they deserve the care,” said Alaa Abdel-Sadek.
“They have participated along their teammates in the club’s latest accomplishments,” he added.
Egypt striker Gedo should expect to have plenty of competition for playing time, as Al Ahly have recently signed forwards John Antwi, Malick Evouna and Mohamed Hamdy Zaki, while Amr Gamal has returned from injury.