The Egypt U-20 National Team drew their second game at AFCON after...
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
- Hamoudi included in Al Ahly squad against Dakhleya
- Elmohamady: It’s going to be difficult at Leicester
Hull City pay tribute to late Egyptian actor Omar Sharif
Hull City have announced they will be honouring late Egyptian actor Omar Sharif at the first game of the new season against Huddersfield town.
The Egyptian legend who was known to support Hull City passed away on 10 July in Cairo at the age of 83. Sharif was a close friend of Hull City’s Egyptian owner Assem Allam and his family.
The Tigers have paid tribute to the famed actor through their Twitter account saying they were “saddened to hear of the passing of Hull City fan Omar Sharif”.
IN MEMORY: We will be honouring Omar, a close friend of the owner and his family, at the first game of the new season against @htafcdotcom
— Hull City (@HullCity) July 14, 2015
Omar Sharif Jr, the grandson of the internationally renowned actor, recalled his deceased grandfather support for the Tigers by posting a video of Sharif Sr reciting William Blake’s poem The Tyger in support of Hull City. The poem is read by Sharif to the images of Hull City playing in the FA Cup, while another video shows Sharif reading inside the recording studio.