Zamalek have recorded back-to-back Premier League wins after defeating Al Masry 1-0 in...
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
Hull City pay tribute to late Egyptian actor Omar Sharif
Hull City have announced they will be honouring late Egyptian actor Omar Sharif at the first game of the new season against Huddersfield town.
The Egyptian legend who was known to support Hull City passed away on 10 July in Cairo at the age of 83. Sharif was a close friend of Hull City’s Egyptian owner Assem Allam and his family.
The Tigers have paid tribute to the famed actor through their Twitter account saying they were “saddened to hear of the passing of Hull City fan Omar Sharif”.
IN MEMORY: We will be honouring Omar, a close friend of the owner and his family, at the first game of the new season against @htafcdotcom
— Hull City (@HullCity) July 14, 2015
Omar Sharif Jr, the grandson of the internationally renowned actor, recalled his deceased grandfather support for the Tigers by posting a video of Sharif Sr reciting William Blake’s poem The Tyger in support of Hull City. The poem is read by Sharif to the images of Hull City playing in the FA Cup, while another video shows Sharif reading inside the recording studio.