Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef to take charge of Smouha
Egypt’s only CAF Champions League representative were reportedly close to securing the services of newly-appointed Ismaily boss Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’; however, the board have ultimately chosen to go with Youssef.
Mohamed Youssef will thus take over the reigns from interim manager Mimi Abdelrazak, who led the Alexandrian club in their first two CAF Champions League encounters – a 3-2 win against Moghreb Tetouan, and a 2-0 defeat to Al-Hilal.
The ex-defender is no stranger to CAF competitions, having guided Al Ahly to their record eighth Champions League crown in 2013, before winning the CAF Super Cup against Sfaxien in a 3-2 win in Cairo.
It is also worth mentioning that Youssef will become Smouha’s fifth coach this season, a campaign where they finished in a lowly 10th place, failing to repeat last season’s heroics.