Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef to take charge of Smouha
Egypt’s only CAF Champions League representative were reportedly close to securing the services of newly-appointed Ismaily boss Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’; however, the board have ultimately chosen to go with Youssef.
Mohamed Youssef will thus take over the reigns from interim manager Mimi Abdelrazak, who led the Alexandrian club in their first two CAF Champions League encounters – a 3-2 win against Moghreb Tetouan, and a 2-0 defeat to Al-Hilal.
The ex-defender is no stranger to CAF competitions, having guided Al Ahly to their record eighth Champions League crown in 2013, before winning the CAF Super Cup against Sfaxien in a 3-2 win in Cairo.
It is also worth mentioning that Youssef will become Smouha’s fifth coach this season, a campaign where they finished in a lowly 10th place, failing to repeat last season’s heroics.