Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef to take charge of Smouha
Egypt’s only CAF Champions League representative were reportedly close to securing the services of newly-appointed Ismaily boss Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’; however, the board have ultimately chosen to go with Youssef.
Mohamed Youssef will thus take over the reigns from interim manager Mimi Abdelrazak, who led the Alexandrian club in their first two CAF Champions League encounters – a 3-2 win against Moghreb Tetouan, and a 2-0 defeat to Al-Hilal.
The ex-defender is no stranger to CAF competitions, having guided Al Ahly to their record eighth Champions League crown in 2013, before winning the CAF Super Cup against Sfaxien in a 3-2 win in Cairo.
It is also worth mentioning that Youssef will become Smouha’s fifth coach this season, a campaign where they finished in a lowly 10th place, failing to repeat last season’s heroics.