Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef to take charge of Smouha
Egypt’s only CAF Champions League representative were reportedly close to securing the services of newly-appointed Ismaily boss Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’; however, the board have ultimately chosen to go with Youssef.
Mohamed Youssef will thus take over the reigns from interim manager Mimi Abdelrazak, who led the Alexandrian club in their first two CAF Champions League encounters – a 3-2 win against Moghreb Tetouan, and a 2-0 defeat to Al-Hilal.
The ex-defender is no stranger to CAF competitions, having guided Al Ahly to their record eighth Champions League crown in 2013, before winning the CAF Super Cup against Sfaxien in a 3-2 win in Cairo.
It is also worth mentioning that Youssef will become Smouha’s fifth coach this season, a campaign where they finished in a lowly 10th place, failing to repeat last season’s heroics.