Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Chelsea agree to loan Fiorentina another player to resolve Salah dispute
Chelsea and Fiorentina are close to reaching an agreement to resolve the dispute over Egypt international Mohamed Salah.
Salah joined Fiorentina on an initial six-month loan last winter, but the 23-year-old Chelsea winger’s refusal of continuing his stay in Florence for another season led to a bitter ending with his now former club, who already threatened to take legal action against him.
Despite Fiorentina giving up on resigning Salah, the Viola were seeking financial compensation from Chelsea – the €1 million they already paid for the extension of Salah’s loan, a clause in the contract, plus an additional €3m as a ‘prize’ for helping the club increase his value.
However, it seems Chelsea have successfully averted paying this prize, as they have agreed to return the €1m and send another player on loan instead, according to the London Evening Standard. Midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek is tipped to be the next Blue moving to Florence.
Fiorentina director Andrea Rogg said: “The rapport between Fiorentina and Chelsea is excellent. There has been some contact between clubs.
“We want to emerge from this situation in an amicable manner. Chelsea have many interesting players and this could be the route we go down.”
Mohamed Salah was not included in the Chelsea squad that travelled to Montreal on Wednesday as he does not fall into Jose Mourinho’s plans for the upcoming season. Salah is believed to be training with the U-21 team at Cobham training ground, and the Blues have reportedly opened auction for the Egyptian with Inter, Roma and Atletico Madrid battling for the player.
Meanwhile, Nigeria international Victor Moses will be given a chance to impress the Portuguese boss after being included in their pre-season squad which will tour North America, following his loan with Stoke City.