Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Chelsea agree to loan Fiorentina another player to resolve Salah dispute
Chelsea and Fiorentina are close to reaching an agreement to resolve the dispute over Egypt international Mohamed Salah.
Salah joined Fiorentina on an initial six-month loan last winter, but the 23-year-old Chelsea winger’s refusal of continuing his stay in Florence for another season led to a bitter ending with his now former club, who already threatened to take legal action against him.
Despite Fiorentina giving up on resigning Salah, the Viola were seeking financial compensation from Chelsea – the €1 million they already paid for the extension of Salah’s loan, a clause in the contract, plus an additional €3m as a ‘prize’ for helping the club increase his value.
However, it seems Chelsea have successfully averted paying this prize, as they have agreed to return the €1m and send another player on loan instead, according to the London Evening Standard. Midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek is tipped to be the next Blue moving to Florence.
Fiorentina director Andrea Rogg said: “The rapport between Fiorentina and Chelsea is excellent. There has been some contact between clubs.
“We want to emerge from this situation in an amicable manner. Chelsea have many interesting players and this could be the route we go down.”
Mohamed Salah was not included in the Chelsea squad that travelled to Montreal on Wednesday as he does not fall into Jose Mourinho’s plans for the upcoming season. Salah is believed to be training with the U-21 team at Cobham training ground, and the Blues have reportedly opened auction for the Egyptian with Inter, Roma and Atletico Madrid battling for the player.
Meanwhile, Nigeria international Victor Moses will be given a chance to impress the Portuguese boss after being included in their pre-season squad which will tour North America, following his loan with Stoke City.