Pitso Mosimane revealed his interest in signing two Zamalek players ahead of...
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
Chelsea agree to loan Fiorentina another player to resolve Salah dispute
Chelsea and Fiorentina are close to reaching an agreement to resolve the dispute over Egypt international Mohamed Salah.
Salah joined Fiorentina on an initial six-month loan last winter, but the 23-year-old Chelsea winger’s refusal of continuing his stay in Florence for another season led to a bitter ending with his now former club, who already threatened to take legal action against him.
Despite Fiorentina giving up on resigning Salah, the Viola were seeking financial compensation from Chelsea – the €1 million they already paid for the extension of Salah’s loan, a clause in the contract, plus an additional €3m as a ‘prize’ for helping the club increase his value.
However, it seems Chelsea have successfully averted paying this prize, as they have agreed to return the €1m and send another player on loan instead, according to the London Evening Standard. Midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek is tipped to be the next Blue moving to Florence.
Fiorentina director Andrea Rogg said: “The rapport between Fiorentina and Chelsea is excellent. There has been some contact between clubs.
“We want to emerge from this situation in an amicable manner. Chelsea have many interesting players and this could be the route we go down.”
Mohamed Salah was not included in the Chelsea squad that travelled to Montreal on Wednesday as he does not fall into Jose Mourinho’s plans for the upcoming season. Salah is believed to be training with the U-21 team at Cobham training ground, and the Blues have reportedly opened auction for the Egyptian with Inter, Roma and Atletico Madrid battling for the player.
Meanwhile, Nigeria international Victor Moses will be given a chance to impress the Portuguese boss after being included in their pre-season squad which will tour North America, following his loan with Stoke City.