Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
OFFICIAL: Marwan Mohsen joins Ismaily from Gil Vicente
The Yellow Dragons were previously interested in buying the player from Petrojet before he left to Portugal, however, talks broke down and the promising striker signed for Gil Vicente instead.
The 26-year-old Egypt striker, who joins on a free transfer, is Ahmed Hossam Mido’s first buy after being appointed as Ismaily’s new coach.
رسمياً مروان محسن اسمعلاوي لثلاثة سنوات. pic.twitter.com/J1SywR3xYS
Marwan featured for his Portuguese side on 20 occasions in the league and three times each in the Taça da Liga and Taça de Portugal. Despite the chances he received to show what he can offer, the striker only managed to scored two goals.
The player is also the team’s seventh signing this summer after Mohamed Hanaka (El Senbellawein), Mostafa ‘Afroto’ (Damanhour), Taha Adel (Wadi Degla), Abdel-Rahman ‘Shika’ (El Senbellawein) Abdel-Hamid Abo-Habib (Khan Yunis) and Saad Hosny (El-Gouna).
Mohsen has got 11 caps for the senior Egypt national team and has scored three goals. He was also a part of the squad that participated in the 2012 Olympic Games in London, scoring a goal in that tournament.
Ismaily look determined to return to the level they are known for in Egypt under Mido’s guidance and with the help of their new signings. The club finished their Egyptian Premier League season at 6th with 55 points having six points deducted at the beginning of the season for the overdue payment of a former player’s agent.
Get to know the Dervishes’ signings with the videos below.