Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Liverpool reconsidering Salah – Report
England international Raheem Sterling joined Manchester City from Liverpool on Tuesday in a deal worth up to £49 million. Manager Brendan Rodgers is now expected to reinvest some of that fee back into his squad for the upcoming season.
Liverpool have reportedly already made preliminary contacts with Chelsea over the 23-year-old winger, however, the Reds did not submit an official offer as they await to fully understand Salah’s situation regarding his loan termination with Fiorentina.
Salah joined Fiorentina on an initial six-month loan last winter, but his refusal of extending his loan in Florence led to a bitter ending with his now former club, who already threatened to take legal action against him.
However, Chelsea and Fiorentina are close to reaching an agreement to resolve the dispute, after agreeing to send another player on loan in his place.
If Liverpool plan to go forward with their interest, they will face intense competition from Inter Milan, Roma and Atletico Madrid, who are also interested in signing the Egyptian winger.
Salah was on the verge of moving to Liverpool from FC Basel last January for £10million before opting for Chelsea. When he commented on why his proposed move to Anfield failed, he said: “Liverpool is a great team, an important one too, and I cannot say anything bad about them, but their manager [Rodgers] came out and said that Chelsea managed to bid more for my services, due to Liverpool’s financial difficulties.”
“Negotiations started with Liverpool in October and didn’t hear from them till January. I can’t say how much they [Liverpool] offered in October, but maybe the Basel management can. However, Basel’s board laughed when they received Liverpool’s offer,” he added.
Salah, who scored nine goals for La Viola is yet to decide on his future after being left out of Chelsea’s plans for the upcoming season.