Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Liverpool reconsidering Salah – Report
According to the Italian publication Calcio Mercato Web, Liverpool have been monitoring Egypt international Mohamed Salah’s situation closely.
England international Raheem Sterling joined Manchester City from Liverpool on Tuesday in a deal worth up to £49 million. Manager Brendan Rodgers is now expected to reinvest some of that fee back into his squad for the upcoming season.
Liverpool have reportedly already made preliminary contacts with Chelsea over the 23-year-old winger, however, the Reds did not submit an official offer as they await to fully understand Salah’s situation regarding his loan termination with Fiorentina.
Salah joined Fiorentina on an initial six-month loan last winter, but his refusal of extending his loan in Florence led to a bitter ending with his now former club, who already threatened to take legal action against him.
However, Chelsea and Fiorentina are close to reaching an agreement to resolve the dispute, after agreeing to send another player on loan in his place.
If Liverpool plan to go forward with their interest, they will face intense competition from Inter Milan, Roma and Atletico Madrid, who are also interested in signing the Egyptian winger.
Salah was on the verge of moving to Liverpool from FC Basel last January for £10million before opting for Chelsea. When he commented on why his proposed move to Anfield failed, he said: “Liverpool is a great team, an important one too, and I cannot say anything bad about them, but their manager [Rodgers] came out and said that Chelsea managed to bid more for my services, due to Liverpool’s financial difficulties.”
“Negotiations started with Liverpool in October and didn’t hear from them till January. I can’t say how much they [Liverpool] offered in October, but maybe the Basel management can. However, Basel’s board laughed when they received Liverpool’s offer,” he added.
Salah, who scored nine goals for La Viola is yet to decide on his future after being left out of Chelsea’s plans for the upcoming season.