In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Liverpool reconsidering Salah – Report
England international Raheem Sterling joined Manchester City from Liverpool on Tuesday in a deal worth up to £49 million. Manager Brendan Rodgers is now expected to reinvest some of that fee back into his squad for the upcoming season.
Liverpool have reportedly already made preliminary contacts with Chelsea over the 23-year-old winger, however, the Reds did not submit an official offer as they await to fully understand Salah’s situation regarding his loan termination with Fiorentina.
Salah joined Fiorentina on an initial six-month loan last winter, but his refusal of extending his loan in Florence led to a bitter ending with his now former club, who already threatened to take legal action against him.
However, Chelsea and Fiorentina are close to reaching an agreement to resolve the dispute, after agreeing to send another player on loan in his place.
If Liverpool plan to go forward with their interest, they will face intense competition from Inter Milan, Roma and Atletico Madrid, who are also interested in signing the Egyptian winger.
Salah was on the verge of moving to Liverpool from FC Basel last January for £10million before opting for Chelsea. When he commented on why his proposed move to Anfield failed, he said: “Liverpool is a great team, an important one too, and I cannot say anything bad about them, but their manager [Rodgers] came out and said that Chelsea managed to bid more for my services, due to Liverpool’s financial difficulties.”
“Negotiations started with Liverpool in October and didn’t hear from them till January. I can’t say how much they [Liverpool] offered in October, but maybe the Basel management can. However, Basel’s board laughed when they received Liverpool’s offer,” he added.
Salah, who scored nine goals for La Viola is yet to decide on his future after being left out of Chelsea’s plans for the upcoming season.