Abdulai Alhassan, Bolga All Stars FC owner, featured in his team’s draw...
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
Handball: Egypt breeze past Uruguay in Junior World Championship
Egypt recorded a comfortable 37-20 victory over Uruguay in their first match at the Men’s Junior World Championship, Brazil 2015.
Egypt’s juniors dominated the game from the onset and gradually increased the gap to 11 goals by half time 18-7.
Group D minnows Uruguay struggled to break the Egyptian defense throughout the game and were guilty of a few mistakes in offence. The South Americans however managed a good spell at the start of the second half to prevent the gap from increasing further.
Nevertheless, Egypt were soon back in control to increase the gap to 37-20 at full time.
Despite the big score, Egyptian tactician Wael Abdelaaty was not entirely satisfied with his team’s performance.
“I did not like the game even though my players were able to win. As the level of the match was not very high it was hard to stay focused.” He expressed after the match.
Tougher games await Egypt in Group D which includes Germany, Norway, Japan and hosts Brazil.
The hosts narrowly edged Japan in the opening game of the tournament 31-30 while Germany and Norway played an entertaining encounter which eventually saw the 2011 champions Germany win 28-24.
Egypt’s next game will be against Japan at 01:45 am on the 22 July Cairo time.