Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Handball: Egypt breeze past Uruguay in Junior World Championship
Egypt recorded a comfortable 37-20 victory over Uruguay in their first match at the Men’s Junior World Championship, Brazil 2015.
Egypt’s juniors dominated the game from the onset and gradually increased the gap to 11 goals by half time 18-7.
Group D minnows Uruguay struggled to break the Egyptian defense throughout the game and were guilty of a few mistakes in offence. The South Americans however managed a good spell at the start of the second half to prevent the gap from increasing further.
Nevertheless, Egypt were soon back in control to increase the gap to 37-20 at full time.
Despite the big score, Egyptian tactician Wael Abdelaaty was not entirely satisfied with his team’s performance.
“I did not like the game even though my players were able to win. As the level of the match was not very high it was hard to stay focused.” He expressed after the match.
Tougher games await Egypt in Group D which includes Germany, Norway, Japan and hosts Brazil.
The hosts narrowly edged Japan in the opening game of the tournament 31-30 while Germany and Norway played an entertaining encounter which eventually saw the 2011 champions Germany win 28-24.
Egypt’s next game will be against Japan at 01:45 am on the 22 July Cairo time.