Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Handball: Egypt breeze past Uruguay in Junior World Championship
Egypt recorded a comfortable 37-20 victory over Uruguay in their first match at the Men’s Junior World Championship, Brazil 2015.
Egypt’s juniors dominated the game from the onset and gradually increased the gap to 11 goals by half time 18-7.
Group D minnows Uruguay struggled to break the Egyptian defense throughout the game and were guilty of a few mistakes in offence. The South Americans however managed a good spell at the start of the second half to prevent the gap from increasing further.
Nevertheless, Egypt were soon back in control to increase the gap to 37-20 at full time.
Despite the big score, Egyptian tactician Wael Abdelaaty was not entirely satisfied with his team’s performance.
“I did not like the game even though my players were able to win. As the level of the match was not very high it was hard to stay focused.” He expressed after the match.
Tougher games await Egypt in Group D which includes Germany, Norway, Japan and hosts Brazil.
The hosts narrowly edged Japan in the opening game of the tournament 31-30 while Germany and Norway played an entertaining encounter which eventually saw the 2011 champions Germany win 28-24.
Egypt’s next game will be against Japan at 01:45 am on the 22 July Cairo time.