Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Michel Dussuyer appointed new coach of Ivory Coast
Experienced manager Michel Dussuyer has been named the new coach of African giants Ivory Coast.
The Ivorian Football Federation announced that the French manger will be leading the team on a two-year contract with an option to extend.
The 56-year-old is a well-known name in African football, having led Guinea in 2004, 20012 and 2015 AFCON finals, as well as Benin in the 2010 tournament.
This won’t be the first time that the ex-Nice goalkeeper brings his services to the Elephants. Dussuyer previously worked alongside former Zamalek boss Henri Michel as an assistant coach for the Ivory Coast national team.
Michel will be replacing Herve Renard who helped the Elephants to their second AFCON title as well as his personal second following his historic Zambia campaign.
The FIFCI official twitter account tweeted the manager’s CV, which can be viewed below.
— FIFCI (@FIFCI_tweet) July 20, 2015