Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Mido announces implementation of European system at Ismaily, Abd-Rabo returns
Newly-appointed Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ said that he will be following a European system and set of rules during his time with the Yellow Dragons.
Ismaily have officially appointed Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ as coach of the side, marking the latter’s second career spell as coach.
Mido, having played in 10 different European clubs, is looking forwards to using all the experience he gained in favour of his current club, Ismaily.
“We will implement the principle of reward and punishment upon the Ismaily players through a new list of rules adapted from the best European clubs,” he said.
“We did not settle on the list of departing players. I am looking forward to using all players to get past Al-Ragaa on Wednesday,” he added.
“Ismaily signed good players that will benefit the team in all the competitions we will be participating in next season,” he concluded.
One-time African champions Ismaily ended the season in a disappointing sixth place, a staggering nine points behind Misr El-Maqassa, who occupied the final African berth.
It is also worth mentioning that Ismaily still have a chance to qualify for the 2016 CAF Confederation Cup, if they are able to secure their first Egypt Cup in 15 years.
القيصر يعود للتدريبات الجماعيه، عقب الرشح الذى لحق بركبته. pic.twitter.com/O9MBGa8ZF4
Ismaily’s squad also saw the return of club legend Hosni Abd-Rabo after recovering from his third ACL injury.
The Caesar, as he’s commonly known as by fans, signed a three-year contract extension with Ismaily last year. The central midfielder was apart of the squad that last won the Egyptian Premier League during the 2001/02 season.
Abd-Rabo was also an integral part of the Egyptian national team having reached 100 caps and playing a key role in securing back-to-back African Cup of Nations trophies with the Pharaohs in 2008 and 2010.