Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Handball: Egypt draw with Japan in Junior World Championship
Egypt were behind for almost the entire game thanks to a performance that was characterised by numerous missed chances.
Japan had a solid first period going into half time with a 17-14 lead over Egypt.
Japan, in attempts to overcome the last-minute loss in the opening game against Brazil, looked determined to win and extended the lead further to a maximum of five goals at 20-15, in the early stages of the second half.
Egypt then began a gradual comeback and could have equalised on a number of occasions but left it late for a dramatic ending.
With just over a minute to play, a penalty shot allowed Egypt to close the gap to one goal and with the scoreline at 26-27, Egypt forced the error from Japan with a one on one defensive situation.
After a time out Egypt scored the equaliser at the death to earn a tough point in yet another heartbreaking scenario for Japan.
Egypt had comfortably beaten Group D minnows Uruguay in their opening game and will now face the hosts Brazil before clashing with giants Germany and finishing the group stage against Norway.