Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
Handball: Egypt draw with Japan in Junior World Championship
Egypt were behind for almost the entire game thanks to a performance that was characterised by numerous missed chances.
Japan had a solid first period going into half time with a 17-14 lead over Egypt.
Japan, in attempts to overcome the last-minute loss in the opening game against Brazil, looked determined to win and extended the lead further to a maximum of five goals at 20-15, in the early stages of the second half.
Egypt then began a gradual comeback and could have equalised on a number of occasions but left it late for a dramatic ending.
With just over a minute to play, a penalty shot allowed Egypt to close the gap to one goal and with the scoreline at 26-27, Egypt forced the error from Japan with a one on one defensive situation.
After a time out Egypt scored the equaliser at the death to earn a tough point in yet another heartbreaking scenario for Japan.
Egypt had comfortably beaten Group D minnows Uruguay in their opening game and will now face the hosts Brazil before clashing with giants Germany and finishing the group stage against Norway.