Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Handball: Egypt draw with Japan in Junior World Championship
Egypt were behind for almost the entire game thanks to a performance that was characterised by numerous missed chances.
Japan had a solid first period going into half time with a 17-14 lead over Egypt.
Japan, in attempts to overcome the last-minute loss in the opening game against Brazil, looked determined to win and extended the lead further to a maximum of five goals at 20-15, in the early stages of the second half.
Egypt then began a gradual comeback and could have equalised on a number of occasions but left it late for a dramatic ending.
With just over a minute to play, a penalty shot allowed Egypt to close the gap to one goal and with the scoreline at 26-27, Egypt forced the error from Japan with a one on one defensive situation.
After a time out Egypt scored the equaliser at the death to earn a tough point in yet another heartbreaking scenario for Japan.
Egypt had comfortably beaten Group D minnows Uruguay in their opening game and will now face the hosts Brazil before clashing with giants Germany and finishing the group stage against Norway.