Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
OFFICIAL: Saleh Gomaa signs for Al Ahly
Cairo giants Al Ahly have started preparing for next season by signing Egypt’s promising youngster Saleh Gomaa. The Red Devils will look to boost their midfield options and strengthen their squad after experiencing a drop in performance this season.
The 21-year-old midfielder has joined Al Ahly from the Petroleum side ENPPI.
Gomaa was sent out on loan by ENPPI to CD National for 18 months in January 2014, managing to have a successful time playing alongside Aly Ghazal. The former Anderlecht and Borussia Dortmund trialist managed to score one goal and assist five others in 32 appearances with the Portuguese club.
After intense competition between Al Ahly, Zamalek and CD National to sign the player, KingFut.com can confirm that Saleh Gomaa has put pen-to-paper with the Red Devils.
Saleh Gomaa is expected to wear the number 22 shirt whilst playing for the Cairo giants. The number adored by Ahly fans for being worn by club legend Mohamed Abou-Treika, was last worn by Mohamed Farouk – who then joined Wadi Degla on loan less than six months later.
Gomaa is Al Ahly’s fourth big signing of the summer transfer window after Ghanaian striker John Antwi, Gabon forward Malick Evouna and Egypt striker Mohamed Hamdy Zaki completed their moves to the Red Castle.