Côte d’Ivoire international Gervinho is set to miss the 2017 CAF Africa Cup...
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
OFFICIAL: Saleh Gomaa signs for Al Ahly
Cairo giants Al Ahly have started preparing for next season by signing Egypt’s promising youngster Saleh Gomaa. The Red Devils will look to boost their midfield options and strengthen their squad after experiencing a drop in performance this season.
The 21-year-old midfielder has joined Al Ahly from the Petroleum side ENPPI.
Gomaa was sent out on loan by ENPPI to CD National for 18 months in January 2014, managing to have a successful time playing alongside Aly Ghazal. The former Anderlecht and Borussia Dortmund trialist managed to score one goal and assist five others in 32 appearances with the Portuguese club.
After intense competition between Al Ahly, Zamalek and CD National to sign the player, KingFut.com can confirm that Saleh Gomaa has put pen-to-paper with the Red Devils.
Saleh Gomaa is expected to wear the number 22 shirt whilst playing for the Cairo giants. The number adored by Ahly fans for being worn by club legend Mohamed Abou-Treika, was last worn by Mohamed Farouk – who then joined Wadi Degla on loan less than six months later.
Gomaa is Al Ahly’s fourth big signing of the summer transfer window after Ghanaian striker John Antwi, Gabon forward Malick Evouna and Egypt striker Mohamed Hamdy Zaki completed their moves to the Red Castle.