Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
OFFICIAL: Saleh Gomaa signs for Al Ahly
Cairo giants Al Ahly have started preparing for next season by signing Egypt’s promising youngster Saleh Gomaa. The Red Devils will look to boost their midfield options and strengthen their squad after experiencing a drop in performance this season.
The 21-year-old midfielder has joined Al Ahly from the Petroleum side ENPPI.
Gomaa was sent out on loan by ENPPI to CD National for 18 months in January 2014, managing to have a successful time playing alongside Aly Ghazal. The former Anderlecht and Borussia Dortmund trialist managed to score one goal and assist five others in 32 appearances with the Portuguese club.
After intense competition between Al Ahly, Zamalek and CD National to sign the player, KingFut.com can confirm that Saleh Gomaa has put pen-to-paper with the Red Devils.
Saleh Gomaa is expected to wear the number 22 shirt whilst playing for the Cairo giants. The number adored by Ahly fans for being worn by club legend Mohamed Abou-Treika, was last worn by Mohamed Farouk – who then joined Wadi Degla on loan less than six months later.
Gomaa is Al Ahly’s fourth big signing of the summer transfer window after Ghanaian striker John Antwi, Gabon forward Malick Evouna and Egypt striker Mohamed Hamdy Zaki completed their moves to the Red Castle.