Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Abdel-Sadek confirms Trezeguet situation to be resolved within ‘few days’
Al Ahly’s director of football Alaa Abdel-Sadek confirmed that the Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ transfer saga could finally be coming to an end within the next few days.
Al Ahly previously announced that they won’t be letting go of club youngsters Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ and Ramadan Sobhy under any circumstances.
However, with the recent signings the club made, including the capture of central midfielder Saleh Gomaa for 7 million EGP, it seems that the Red Devils could now afford selling the players.
Alaa Abdel-Sadek said: “The next few days could see an end to Trezeguet’s situation. The new arrivals could fuel his departure.”
The Belgium giants previously made an offer for the 20-year-old attacking midfielder, one that was rejected and later raised. Anderlecht’s general manager even paid Egypt a visit for talks over Trezeguet.
KingFut.com understands Anderlecht were proposing to take Trezeguet on loan with the option to buy for €3.2 million, while Al Ahly were demanding around €3.5 million up front.
Mahmoud Hassan, who has 5 league goals and 7 assists this season, is considered one of Al Ahly’s most dynamic players. He was raised as a striker, which helped to shape up his attacking instincts as a midfielder; developing his surging runs going forward, fueled with energy and great ball control.