Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Ahmed Eid announces Zamalek departure on Facebook
Ahmed Eid will be leaving the White Knights and will play his last game against Wadi Degla on the 3rd of August 2015.
Zamalek’s board of directors were shocked after Eid’s post that announced he would depart at the end of the current season.
The Egyptian international described his delight to be part of the successful squad that are one point away from winning the title.
Ahmed Eid said: “I am sorry for Zamalek fans as some of them wanted me to leave and hopefully Zamalek will become the champions and this will be my first league with Zamalek and we won it.”
Ahmed Eid’s Facebook post
Zamalek’s board of directors and coaching staff weren’t predicting Eid’s departure as he was expected to be part of Zamalek’s squad for the coming season 2015/2016, putting the coaching staff under pressure to find a replacement for the 35-year-old.