Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Ahmed Eid announces Zamalek departure on Facebook
Ahmed Eid will be leaving the White Knights and will play his last game against Wadi Degla on the 3rd of August 2015.
Zamalek’s board of directors were shocked after Eid’s post that announced he would depart at the end of the current season.
The Egyptian international described his delight to be part of the successful squad that are one point away from winning the title.
Ahmed Eid said: “I am sorry for Zamalek fans as some of them wanted me to leave and hopefully Zamalek will become the champions and this will be my first league with Zamalek and we won it.”
Ahmed Eid’s Facebook post
Zamalek’s board of directors and coaching staff weren’t predicting Eid’s departure as he was expected to be part of Zamalek’s squad for the coming season 2015/2016, putting the coaching staff under pressure to find a replacement for the 35-year-old.