Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Ahmed Eid announces Zamalek departure on Facebook
Ahmed Eid will be leaving the White Knights and will play his last game against Wadi Degla on the 3rd of August 2015.
Zamalek’s board of directors were shocked after Eid’s post that announced he would depart at the end of the current season.
The Egyptian international described his delight to be part of the successful squad that are one point away from winning the title.
Ahmed Eid said: “I am sorry for Zamalek fans as some of them wanted me to leave and hopefully Zamalek will become the champions and this will be my first league with Zamalek and we won it.”
Ahmed Eid’s Facebook post
Zamalek’s board of directors and coaching staff weren’t predicting Eid’s departure as he was expected to be part of Zamalek’s squad for the coming season 2015/2016, putting the coaching staff under pressure to find a replacement for the 35-year-old.